Jack is here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksimonton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome and always remember that the most important safety accessories is a working brain. I do not know how much experience with firearms you have had so I will just tell you what I tell new shooters and gun owners.

A firearm can not kill on it's own, it takes a person behind it either being a real hunter, protecting yourself, law enforcement, solider, stupid or evil.
A gun is not a toy even if you can have a ton of fun with one target shooting, etc. It is a tool designed to protection and hunting.
A gun is not going to make you an action hero, if you think it will, it may make you dead.
Respect all firearms as if they can kill you on their own. They can not but if you treat every firearm like a loaded weapon capable of hurting you or yours, you have much less chance of it happening.

All that said, the most important real safety accessories that you can buy are good shooting glasses and ear protection. Everything else is pretty much a gimmick to make anti-gun people feel good about themselves.

Remember, don't be this guy.

View attachment 144734
Thanks for your beautiful response. I have a question too what is the difference between generic and electronic earplugs? What should we need to wear at the time of shooting for hearing protection?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me or does something seem a little off ?

No, it's not just you, it's been the topic of discussion among several of us, and, I'm sorry to say, it's been pretty much agreed that you are a little off.

Now then: Mr.@jacksimonton; be you from South Carolina, as you say here, and be you 29? Or be you from the Great State of Florida, and still almost be a whippersnapper, at a somewhat younger age, as you say on your other profile elsewhere? From whence dost thou truly hail? :uhh:

Inquiring minds would like to know.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

jacksimonton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by generic earplugs, but electronic earplugs allow normal volume sounds through but block loud sudden noises like gun fire. You can get electronic ear muffs too. Here is an article that explains (with some examples of) electronic ear plugs.

https://www.earplugsguide.com/electronic-ear-plugs-reviewed/
Thank you so much for your beautiful response. As I know, the generic earplugs block the whole sound, and electronics earplugs give a limited sound according to our hearing ability. So that at the time of the shooting, we listen to the others. Just looking for the best one. Thanks again for sharing such a beautiful link.

Latest posts

Top Bottom