JB Weld.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, I've used a ton of that stuff over the years. It's amazing how many motorcycle cases have been fixed with JB weld after throwing a rod through it, or a broken chain coming around and slapping a hole in a side case.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked part time in an auto machine shop when in high school. We installed valve guides with the stuff. Never had a single head come back either and it was a pretty busy shop.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, in spite of having spent years working on a farm/ranch, driving an 18-wheeler, and managing a country grain elevator, I've never even purchased JB Weld, let alone used any of it.

But then, except for the years with the 18-wheeler, we had a welder handy.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad bought a 97 f150 that was in pretty nice shape for my son, needed a transmission and brake work supposedly. So we get all the mechanical issues worked out and my son starts working on getting a few issues like door locking devices and headliner and such. Was turning into a pretty sweet little ride. Well, son comes home and says he has developed a water leak and on further investigation found a cracked head that some half wit "fixed" with JBWeld!!!! So I agree with Annie on this stuff is the debil LOL

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never used it on anything "mission critical" (lol, like an engine), but it is good stuff.

It's basically a high quality epoxy with finely ground steel added for strength (like the aggregate in concrete).

As with any epoxy, the surfaces it's applied to must be clean, dry, and preferably rough enough (coarsely sanded or sand blasted) for it to get a good "grip." :drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've even fixed a gun with it. Some on this forum have shot my Bergman Einhand pistol. Circa mid 1920's vintage from Germany in .25 ACP.
It wouldn't shoot when I first got it, and found that the hairpin spring in the grip had wallowed out the grip so the spring couldn't do its job. Filled it in with JB weld and did some dremel work. Fires like clockwork now.
I've fixed stripped threads with it that aren't critical. filled the hole with JB weld, the replacement bolt coated with grease and left to cure. Do a little dremel work on the extruded JB weld that gets pushed out of the hole, and good as new.
Wonderful stuff. I could go on.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lost count of how man oil pans on cars i have seen covered in JB weld to stop a leak or fill a hole. Some seem to last a long time too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom