Jeff Beck won't be down for breakfast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was the one who taught me that you didn't need to use a pick to shred. I always disliked using picks. I had much more feel for my playing when I felt the strings directly. When I saw Jeff Beck going to town without a guitar pick, I knew it could be done.

RIP

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was the one who taught me that you didn't need to use a pick to shred. I always disliked using picks. I had much more feel for my playing with I felt the strings directly. When I saw Jeff Beck going to town without a guitar pick, I knew it could be done.

RIP
Him and Lindsey Buckingham Fingers like steel.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Such a gifted guitarist. Pure tone and genuinely innovative.

Back in late ‘80’s, Fender started working on the Jeff Beck Model Stratocaster. They built some prototypes and some for a variety of reasons never made it to Beck or his tech for their review. Back in ’88, I get a call from my connection at Fender asking me if I want a Strat that was built for Beck but he didn’t want it (neck was too thin). Went back to Cali to get the guitar and a couple amps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom