Jose Guerena SWAT Raid Video From Helmet Cam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But when you know that the suspect adheres to a fixed schedule and spends a substantial amount of time away from his home and weapons then why not aprehend him then? Why on earth would you wait till he's at his home?

Very valid and reasonable question.

One reason that I can think of is that they are not just looking to apprehend the individual. They are looking for evidence as well. Sure, they can hook the guy up at work but they still need to search the house....and when they do they need to assume an armed individual is inside. Thugs with guns usually have friends with guns.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very valid and reasonable question.

One reason that I can think of is that they are not just looking to apprehend the individual. They are looking for evidence as well. Sure, they can hook the guy up at work but they still need to search the house....and when they do they need to assume an armed individual is inside. Thugs with guns usually have friends with guns.

I understand that line of reasoning I just worry that we are overusing SWAT in some situations and needlessly putting our LEO's and the people they serve the warrants on in harms way. I also realize that it's impossible to pick up every suspect away from their house, and that it not likely you can assign someone to follow them till they do come outside. It just seems that in this instance they could have picked him up and had one less person inside the house to worry about.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having issues with Flash x64 so it's not playing for me.

Is Jose visible in the video?

How do the asserted facts of the police report correlate with the video?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you call 8 seconds of sirens followed by 1 second of verbal warning, followed by the door getting knocked down, plenty of time.

how in the world can anyone call about 14 seconds total from sirens to gun shots... plenty of time to react?

It looks like they knew him to be armed (hence the siren and the knock and warning) He had plenty of time to be peaceful, he chose the other route. .

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having issues with Flash x64 so it's not playing for me.

Is Jose visible in the video?

How do the asserted facts of the police report correlate with the video?

Well the Video is taken from a helmet cam of someone outside the house and roughly 30-40 ft from the doorway of the house. It shows the SWAT team approaching the house and announcing their intentions then shooting the lock and making their entry. The suspect is not scene in the video but overall I would say that the SD's version of what happened is in line with what is seen in the video.

I think the two points of contention here are really less the way the SWAT team reacted or pulled off the entry, but the reasoning for using the SWAT team, and what the suspects actual intentions were when he armed himself.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you call 8 seconds of sirens followed by 1 second of verbal warning, followed by the door getting knocked down, plenty of time.

how in the world can anyone call about 14 seconds total from sirens to gun shots... plenty of time to react?

Your timing is off there ... 27 seconds from siren to door breach, 32 seconds from siren to shots. Once again, plenty of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom