Judge dismisses Tulsa Race Massacre Lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to OSCN, the dismissal used the court's order from August, 2022, which is found here:
https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetDocument.aspx?ct=tulsa&bc=1052713650&cn=CV-2020-1179&fmt=pdf
The PDF is attached to this post (I hope).

I didn't say that quite right. I kinda meant sitting at work killing time reading cases I was interested in instead of doing actual work. (I'm one of those folks who got all her work done in the morning and then spent the afternoon "studying". That's how I went from "receptionist" to "paralegal" pretty quickly.)

I tried taking the paralegal class at OU but working 2 jobs and taking care of 3 kids (plus a live-in boyfriend who didn't honor his commitment to watch the kids for me ONE day a week so I could go to class) didn't make it feasible for me to get my knowledge the traditional way. So ... I just watched, listened and READ everything I could get my hands on.

I guess the way I worded my post was kinda a misrepresentation ... 😬😬 Sorry! 😁😘 and thank you for going to the trouble. You guys are an alright bunch of fellas!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say that quite right. I kinda meant sitting at work killing time reading cases I was interested in instead of doing actual work. (I'm one of those folks who got all her work done in the morning and then spent the afternoon "studying". That's how I went from "receptionist" to "paralegal" pretty quickly.)

I tried taking the paralegal class at OU but working 2 jobs and taking care of 3 kids (plus a live-in boyfriend who didn't honor his commitment to watch the kids for me ONE day a week so I could go to class) didn't make it feasible for me to get my knowledge the traditional way. So ... I just watched, listened and READ everything I could get my hands on.

I guess the way I worded my post was kinda a misrepresentation ... 😬😬 Sorry! 😁😘 and thank you for going to the trouble. You guys are an alright bunch of fellas!
Sorry--I see what you meant on re-reading. Too bad I can't help you with the time part, but I can't even help myself on that count...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One complains and 200 people feed off of the complaint and it metastasizes into something unmanageable. I like it the way things used to be, everyone worked and helped one another and then came government aid...

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in Tulsa and it was always the "race riot". When did it become the "race massacre"? I have noticed that has been used the last few years and I am curious as to why the change.

Makes it sound more sinister, dastardly, and racial. It's to kick it up a notch and pile on more guilt so it won't fade. Gots-ta keep it goin' donchaknow. Yes, it's political.

Woody

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in Tulsa and it was always the "race riot". When did it become the "race massacre"? I have noticed that has been used the last few years and I am curious as to why the change.

My initial guess was the name changed to reflect that a bunch of people died, whereas "riot" would more convey the idea of throwing bricks through windows and maybe flipping cars.

There are a few links like this one Group renamed Tulsa Race Massacre Commission that say it was called a riot because that allowed insurance companies to turn down claims. I think even 100 years later most of us can relate to the concept of insurance companies doing everything they can to screw their customers.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes it sound more sinister, dastardly, and racial. It's to kick it up a notch and pile on more guilt so it won't fade. Gots-ta keep it goin' donchaknow. Yes, it's political.

Woody
They like to conveniently forget that there were also white victims of that event - killed by black assailants. But that doesn't promote white guilt and reparations. It was just those evil whites again, Burning, Looting, and Murdering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom