Juneteenth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have anything special planned for today ?.....I'm going to try and catch up on my reloading.

19.jpg

Last edited:

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another made up horsecrap holiday to make themselves feel better. I'll be boating and fishing and will not think of this crap the rest of the year.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And celebrated as the "end of slavery" a perfect example of the effectiveness of the "antislavery" efforts of the pubs...A day to be celebrated by all and as a remembrance of all who fought valiantly in the conflict.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another made up horsecrap holiday to make themselves feel better. I'll be boating and fishing and will not think of this crap the rest of the year.

You know, there are some people in this country who think an official day marking the official legal declaration of the end of enslaving other human beings under a whip like animals actually means something and is worth noting, or even celebrating. I know I do.

How do you feel about Memorial Day or Veteran's Day?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. Dating back to 1865, it was on June 19th that the Union soldiers, led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that this was two and a half years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation"

Anyone who isn't down with celebrating that seriously needs to check their headgear!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Juneteenth should be just as important to all of us as it is to the black community. It recognizes the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation, which was a further expansion of the Declaration of Independence. It was meant to recognize that all are equal, and slavery should not exist. It the actual meaning of that document had been acknowledged at that time, or in the years following, we would not be having the issues we have today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom