Just a friendly reminder to do your homework ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when shopping ... :D

I decided I wanted to buy some more Red Feather canned butter. Armed with my trusty-dusty computer and calculator I went "shopping" just now at my "usual" haunts ... And here is what I found:

1. Safecastle is running a sale on their cases of Red Feather right now. Their e-mail is what got this ball rolling ... Anyway, I digress ... The cost is $180.00 for 1 case of 24 cans. Works out to $7.50/can + shipping comes to (depends on what else you order) ...

2. Emergency Essentials is a little cheaper. It works out to $150.00 per case or $6.25/can + whatever shipping comes to (depends on what else you order) ...

3. Honeyville Grains doesn't sell Red Feather canned butter ...

4. Neither does Costco ... and finally

5. Amazon has a case of 24 cans for $130.00 = $20.49 shipping OR $6.27/can.

And that's just 10-15 minutes worth of "homework" ... I came so close to just ordering from Safecastle because they sent me their e-mail and it jogged my memory that we wanted to get some more of this stuff ...

BUT ... Lesson learned!! Unless you are canning your own butter (and I'm not) shopping around can save you over a dollar PER CAN ... that's not chump change around here ... Depending on what kind of mood I'm in I may or may not shop around ... Most times I do but sometimes I do not. That certainly won't be happening any more (the not shopping around ...)!!! :D

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always shop around and try to find the cheapest available. Then if it is local, I give them a chance to beat/meet the online price. That worked for an ATV tire recently. Local shop wanted $130.00 for the tire mounted balanced and all. Found it online for $95 shipped and found $5.00 mounting. So went back and they did it for $98 total!

A penny saved is a penny earned!

I got close to yours; $6.375 per can

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/red_feather_canned_butter_new_zealand.aspx?gclid=CLjy8cW6v7oCFcs-Mgod0hcAGw

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it eligible for Amazon Prime shipping?

Amazon Prime is a decent deal if you get a lot of stuff from Amazon. I think that it is $79/year. You get access to their videos (if you're into that) and free shipping on everything that is "amazon prime".

My business partner and I split this each year and it works out very well.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom