Just got back from the range...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put a few(very few) rounds through my Mosin and my Spanish Mauser. Was not going for accuracy, just wanted to make sure they went bang and not boom. Really like both rifles. Recoil on the Mosin was not nearly as bad as I had envisioned.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put a few(very few) rounds through my Mosin and my Spanish Mauser. Was not going for accuracy, just wanted to make sure they went bang and not boom. Really like both rifles. Recoil on the Mosin was not nearly as bad as I had envisioned.
Is your Spanish Mauser chambered for the 7 X 57 mm? Those are supposed to be nice shooting rifles. Stock or sporterized?

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pix821625357.jpg

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking rifle! I've just acquired a '98 Mauser in 8 X 57 mm that's been lightly modified--original stock cut down, rear sight removed and replaced with a Williams receiver sight, barrel cut to 22 inches and front sight replaced. No pics yet....Those 8 mm rounds thump the shoulder a bit more than my M1A does!

Latest posts

Top Bottom