Just ordered my Mosin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the mosin!

Attachments

• 2011-10-01_14.46.32.jpg
    2011-10-01_14.46.32.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 148

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my sons bought a 91-30 and did not clean it after he shot it. The barrel looks like a sewer pipe now, and the gun is a parts gun.

You probably know already about shooting corrosive ammo, but just in case . . .

As to recoil, I have always thought they kick more than they should. I am pretty recoil tolerant, but the stock design on the MN seems to accentuate the recoil. I do not like brakes because they turn recoil into noise, and spoil any historical value of a milsurp weapon. The ugly old slip on pads work pretty well since the length of pull on these guns is a little short for most of us.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I have met my Mosin and I like it.....ALOT!! It's a 1931 Tula with a hex receiver. It is force matched however, the receiver is stamped with one number and everything else is electronically engraved to match. That doesn't upset me though, I like the rifle. I will post more photos once I get it clean, right now it is a mess!

Mosin Unboxing.jpg

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I have met my Mosin and I like it.....ALOT!! It's a 1931 Tula with a hex receiver. It is force matched however, the receiver is stamped with one number and everything else is electronically engraved to match. That doesn't upset me though, I like the rifle. I will post more photos once I get it clean, right now it is a mess!

View attachment 33101

You are gonna have fun cleaning the cosmoline off that one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom