Re-title vehicle of deceased relative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the good advice. It may take some time but I will update the thread on the outcome when it’s resolved

Title not resolved yet, but i breathed a sigh of relief when the opposite parties insurance adjuster made the check out to repair the vehicles damages directly to me and didnt do a deep dive on registration and who is or is not the titled owner yet

So not a complete epilogue yet, but at least i can get the darn thing fixed

justshootin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title not resolved yet, but i breathed a sigh of relief when the opposite parties insurance adjuster made the check out to repair the vehicles damages directly to me and didnt do a deep dive on registration and who is or is not the titled owner yet

So not a complete epilogue yet, but at least i can get the darn thing fixed
The lien complicates things.

But with a death, usually all u need is whomever is INFORMANT on the death certificate. They sign the title.

I just went thru all this crap with way too many vehicles to list.

Again, with with lien, that may make things difficult

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lien complicates things.

But with a death, usually all u need is whomever is INFORMANT on the death certificate. They sign the title.

I just went thru all this crap with way too many vehicles to list.

Again, with with lien, that may make things difficult

I just cut a check to clear the lien -- the listed informant is a pretty good lady and i dont anticipate any issues with her (famous last words) --- but i suppose i could also be setting myself up to get bent over too

Latest posts

Top Bottom