Just paid off the last student loan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1:

Well, my wife and I finally did it. We paid off our last student loan! A little over $30,000 in about three and half years.

These days, any news report I see about a bunch of entitled little bags of douche who stage a demonstration to advocate student loan forgiveness sends me into a blind rage, but this is especially true today. We didn't pay ours off through forgiveness and government help. It just took budgeting, hard work, and not pursuing every little luxury we laid eyes on. In short, it took discipline-something those little self-righteous boys and girls should have more of.

And the budgeting and discipline continues, because now we're ratholing almost everything we were putting towards loans into savings for a down payment on a house.

Woo!

:woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1:

Last edited:

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations!
That's a monumental achievement!

I have about the same amount, but I've got mine locked at 3.25% for 30 yrs - and on automatic payment.
For 3.25% interest, I'm not paying it off early.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid mine off last year. It was like a weight was lifted off my chest when I clicked submit on the last $3000 payment. Mine was just under 20k and I paid it off in ~5 1/2 years. I am glad it is over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom