Just Sold our M&P 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryandunphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well another gun transaction that was bitter sweet. I happened to be at H&H buying some cleaning supplies and happened to see a m&p shield in the case. Well my wife recently took her c&c class and has been wanting a shield like no ones business. So I asked a coworker/friend if he wanted to buy the m&p full size we have and it was on and now we have its little brother instead. Very cool looking and feeling firearm. Seems closer to a glock 19 then a 26 but very thin. Can't wait to try it out.
Just a side note. While price shopping my wife called a few Academy Sports and she of course got some ********* on the line that chastised her telling they were never getting them in because they were recalled so I called him back explaining they were coming in and another Academy had both calibers two days ago. Well anyways I don't think he understood why I was upset. So here is the little guy with the 8 round mag.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_28_umepures.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ryandunphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost forgot it was $449 which is the msrp. Same price at Academy and sooner state advertised it for $399 but lord knows when they would actually have one. I didn't check to see if h&h had the .40 but they had every m&p 9 mm in stock and all glock 9 mm models in stock.

ryandunphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called sooner state the day of and it wasn't in stock. I know if I was to try and bargain hunt a gun that last year had a 6 month waiting list, I would get way to frustrated.
As far as the shield being a micro gun, it's not. I find it right between the size of a glock 19 and 26 but much slimmer then both.
The idea is for it to be the perfect c&c gun. Pictures do not give the best impression, you have to see and hold one.
Trust me, you will notice a double stack 9 much more then this one when carrying a long time. And the great caveat of this gun is somehow they made this the nicest shooting and most accurate m&p with the best trigger.
Hence the lack of waiting list for a glock 26 which I love but is like carrying a mini fridge IWB.

ryandunphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called sooner state the day of and it wasn't in stock. I know if I was to try and bargain hunt a gun that last year had a 6 month waiting list, I would get way to frustrated.
As far as the shield being a micro gun, it's not. I find it right between the size of a glock 19 and 26 but much slimmer then both.
The idea is for it to be the perfect c&c gun. Pictures do not give the best impression, you have to see and hold one.
Trust me, you will notice a double stack 9 much more then this one when carrying a long time. And the great caveat of this gun is somehow they made this the nicest shooting and most accurate m&p with the best trigger.
Hence the lack of waiting list for a glock 26 which I love but is like carrying a mini fridge IWB.

If 6 bullets is that big of a difference that's what the other mag is for or perhaps something other then a handgun is needed or better shot placement.
I am a believer if you need more ammo then whats in your magazine, your in bigger trouble then a handgun can solve.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a 9mm Shield several months back at the $449, which was (is) MSRP. Snagged it up and have enjoyed it ever since. 100% function during break in, which is some 200 or rounds of jacketed ammo. Barrel interior was a tad rough as it came out of the box, but with numerous cleanings through the first 200 rounds, its now pretty smooth. Shoots well, with excellent accuracy out to about 20 yards. At 20 groups open up, likely because of the short barrel and the limited gyroscopic twist it can provide. 5-15 yards its very accurate. Easier to carry than a Glock 19/23, but holds only about half the ammo. The slim grip and overall profile make it an excellent choice for inside the pants carry in a tuckable holster or inside the gun compartment of a ladies purse.