Just watched an amazing movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Way of the Gun

Instead of writing my VBA program, I watched this movie..it was NOT a waste of 2 hours.
Here's the review I gave it on Netflix:

"As an avid shooter, I enjoyed this movie intensely. The gun sequences were realistic and well put together.There tactical and frantic reloads with both the 1911 and shotgun. The weapons were common firearms, like the venerable 1911 and Remington 870 shotgun, not some fancy Hollywood job. The sniping scene was awesome! The sound of impact was heard before the gunfire, which is technically accurate, since rifle bullets fly faster than the speed of sound. I've only scene this in one other movie and it was a Clint Eastwood Western.

The acting was superb. The movie has no famous stars and only some familiar faces, which works towards its credit in my opinion.
Definitely worth watching if one can stomach violence, blood, pain, and realism.
The script too was quite interesting: predictable, but not disappointingly so."

The only things I thought was odd was (1) early on, one of the security types was using a car door as cover (good luck with that!)
(2) in the final shootout scene, the two protagonists carried many, many 1911 magazines!
(3) though mostly realistic, there did seem to be a lack of aiming in the movie.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna have to check thos one out. After the recent tombstone thread i got on a kick and have watched it about five times in the last three weeks

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna have to check thos one out. After the recent tombstone thread i got on a kick and have watched it about five times in the last three weeks

It has no big names, only some recognizable faces (which I think is better). But the acting is good enough and the gunplay is absorbing. Definitely a good movie currently on Netflix. Better than anything on cable!!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my favorite "gun" movies. The bad guys actually pull their pistols out of IWB holsters instead of out of thin air as in some movies. And, yes, they do carry--apparently--a lot of magazines, but at least they are reloading their guns and NOT shooting the type of gun that never seems to run out of ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom