kahr p380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No hands on experience with Kahrs but the one's I have seen and fondled look very solid. Have a friend in TX who just sold one because the springs were too tight (after 500 rounds) and his wife had issues using it.

The only issue I have with Kahr is there ownership. Last I heard they were tied to Rev. Moon and the Unification Church.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No hands on experience with Kahrs but the one's I have seen and fondled look very solid. Have a friend in TX who just sold one because the springs were too tight (after 500 rounds) and his wife had issues using it.

The only issue I have with Kahr is there ownership. Last I heard they were tied to Rev. Moon and the Unification Church.

This is still true. However, I've been impressed with the firearms of theirs I've used.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own one and recommend it. Unlike other .380's in it's class it has a true slide lock and real sights you can actually see. Somehow they got the design down to where neither of these are obtrusive it any way. It kicks less than the sig 232 I used to have thanks to the tilting barrel action. I don't have any trouble racking the slide but yeah, it's small and typical khar tightness. You would certainly want to take the mrs along and have her try it. While you're at it have her try the cw9 and the pm9. They're bigger but might be easier to rack with more to grab ahold of.

First I've ever heard of the moonies tie in. For a peaceful lot they sure know how to make a firearm.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it comes to a firearm to be used for self defence, I would never buy nor recommend an unproven model by a new unproven company. If you plan on carrying it, give them a few years to prove themselves first.

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
progun223 has one hit him up and see what he thinks. I have looked at it and like it. I own and have owned several Kahr pistols and have had no problems with any of them. They have been around since 93 I believe so I wouldn't say they are really new to the market.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it comes to a firearm to be used for self defence, I would never buy nor recommend an unproven model by a new unproven company. If you plan on carrying it, give them a few years to prove themselves first.

The company has been around since '95, so that's 15 years in the business. Not really new. The P380 is much younger though. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I have heard some negative things about Kahr's PM45, but that's about it.

My wife and I love out CW9. Maybe have her hold one of those first, and if you decide you need something smaller then look at the PM9. They definitely need a good 200 rounds to break them in, and that's a lot cheaper with a 9mm. Unless you really need the smaller P380 I'd consider the PM9.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at shop and saw a diamondback 380 it has sights and looks nice any thoughts.

I saw and handled one of those DiamondBack 380s at Sports World last month. Looks like a mini-Glock. Very cool and made in the USA.

I've got a Kahr CW45. It shoots really well, but the slide recoil spring IS extremely tight making field stripping tons of fun. It's a real struggle getting that spring back in the weapon.

I like Kahrs, but I like Sigs better.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a P380 and like it a lot - much better than the LCP I used to have. Definitely consider the PM9 though. Much more bullet in only a slightly bigger package (1/4 to 1/2 inch difference in any given measurement). The only benefit to the P380 is that it's a little more pocketable, and not having to compromise as much in clothing (especially in summer). Clean and lube it, and put the recommended 200 rounds through it per Kahr's instructions. They can be a little finicky during the first box of rounds or so...

RE Hawgman's "new company" post and the responses: I think he's talking about Diamondback, not Kahr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom