Kershaw Lifetime Sharpening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and sent a handful of Kershaws in for their "free lifetime sharpening".

They received the knives on 3/19/2024 and I got them back today, 4/8/2024.

You pay shipping there, and $7 return shipping. The Tanto Blur had the tip chipped off and it's been "sharpened out" to a point. That Blur, as well as the Blackout had worn torsion bars for the assisted opening that they repaired or replaced (those two are the oldest of the bunch, both 15-20yrs old). The other two Blurs (olive) and Launch 1 (automatic) got standard sharpening.

Pretty satisfied with the results. Factory edge on 5 knives and a "tune up" on two of them, for the cost of round trip shipping ain't too bad!

I'm glad to have them back though as these have been my 5 carry knives since I got them. The Blackout is probably nearing 20yrs old now and is the one that got me into Kershaw.

So, now ya know!!

Top to bottom:

Launch 1
Blur Olive
Blur Olive
Tanto Blur
Blackout

20240408_180429.jpg
20240408_180500.jpg
20240408_180512.jpg

Last edited:

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in Oregon, I would swing by and have them sharpen while I waited. They also had a GREAT Black Friday sale at headquarters. It was always crowded,
That bottom knife is my same carry piece. I bought it almost 20 years ago at Cabela’s in Nebraska. We were on our way to Yellowstone.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they're the ideal carry knife. Nice enough to enjoy and be proud of, but not so expensive you're afraid to use them or lose them. Thankfully I've not lost one, but I wouldn't lose sleep if I did.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny story, we stopped at Mount Rushmore for a couple of days and went to see the 4th of July Fireworks. Has to park down the hill and walk all the way up. Got to the gate and they would not let me in because of the knife. The guard also told me not to think about stashing it somewhere and retrieving it later. Either return it to my vehicle or no enter. He said they would be watching me. We had to setup outside of the park and watch from there. It was 2005 and the security was OVER the top.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have a decent edge cause I've only used a stone. When I butcher it with a belt sharpener then it will get sent in for a pro edge. Love this knife. Never even knew the clip could be reversed till I saw your photos.
1712711330426.jpeg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have a decent edge cause I've only used a stone. When I butcher it with a belt sharpener then it will get sent in for a pro edge. Love this knife. Never even knew the clip could be reversed till I saw your photos.
View attachment 469330

That's kinda interesting. I knew they were reversible, but mine are how they came. Or did you just flip yours?

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's kinda interesting. I knew they were reversible, but mine are how they came. Or did you just flip yours?
My son gave it to me like that. Not sure how it was when he bought it. I got it about 5 years ago when he
took a job in NYC. I lost it once and back tracked to find it in a friends truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom