KFC for a limited time only, who’s in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KFC needs to work on improvements to their existing products IMO. Like taco bueno they’ve went downhill IMO .

Has anyone tried these?

https://waynedupree.com/2022/01/kfc-beyond-meat-nuggets/
found these comments funny, and I agree the pics look gross

From a distance, they look the part of a chicken nugget — craggly and roughly rectangular. But once you bite into them, the difference is pretty clear. The meatless protein has a surprising amount of density and resistance when you bite into it. It’s like flopping into a memory foam mattress. You think it’s going to be soft — until you’re hit with a surprisingly firm “whomp” before eventually sinking in. Instead of actually juicy meat and 11 herbs and spices, you get a surprisingly resilient block of stamped protein.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

It’s like the nugget slams the brakes in your mouth every time you try to take a bite. Taste-wise, it’s a pretty generic block of protein that goes down like a chunk of denser, grittier tofu.

https://i.insider.com/5e31ee1a24306a0af5033f1b?width=1136&format=jpeg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KFC needs to work on improvements to their existing products IMO. Like taco bueno they’ve went downhill IMO .

Has anyone tried these?

https://waynedupree.com/2022/01/kfc-beyond-meat-nuggets/
found these comments funny, and I agree the pics look gross

From a distance, they look the part of a chicken nugget — craggly and roughly rectangular. But once you bite into them, the difference is pretty clear. The meatless protein has a surprising amount of density and resistance when you bite into it. It’s like flopping into a memory foam mattress. You think it’s going to be soft — until you’re hit with a surprisingly firm “whomp” before eventually sinking in. Instead of actually juicy meat and 11 herbs and spices, you get a surprisingly resilient block of stamped protein.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

It’s like the nugget slams the brakes in your mouth every time you try to take a bite. Taste-wise, it’s a pretty generic block of protein that goes down like a chunk of denser, grittier tofu.

https://i.insider.com/5e31ee1a24306a0af5033f1b?width=1136&format=jpeg
Taco Bueno's improvements is what made their food go down hill! Who makes tortilla chips from flour? Taco Bueno does.

And if you saw the employees at the local KFC outside the front door sitting on the stoop smoking cigarettes or vaping, you would never stop there. Total disgust.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Taco Bueno's improvements is what made their food go down hill! Who makes tortilla chips from flour? Taco Bueno does.

And if you saw the employees at the local KFC outside the front door sitting on the stoop smoking cigarettes or vaping, you would never stop there. Total disgust.
These companies pay their employees next to nothing and they get exactly what they pay for. Those of us who buy their products are part of the problem. The list of places I spend my money has narrowed greatly the last few years. KFC hasn’t been on that list for a long time.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ate a KFC chicken sandwich last year and it had a wishbone in it. Won't go back and try fake chicken.
Wife likes BK fake meat burger....not me.
Can't say when the last time I ate at Taco noBueno or Taco Bell......been years. I like Taco Casa.

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loved their sliders back in the late 80's. I lived in Duncan and worked at Tinker(3-Midnite), anyway they were 25 cents. I would buy 10 or 15 eat some on the way and have the rest for lunch and sharing. AH Good Times.lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom