Kga shop tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spring Shop tour October 13, 2012

The KGA will be having a shop tour at the home of Mike Miller on Oct. 13, 2012. The time frame will be from about 10:00 AM till around 4:00 PM. Please let me know if your able to make it so I can estimate the amount of food needed.

The 3 demo’s will be done by Beau Erwin, (making micarta process), Mike Miller, (grinding bevels on clip points), and Calvin Harkins, (book match scales for knives).
If you have some mystery steel that you want to find out if it will harden, bring it to be forged out and tested. Keep it less than 12 inches for ease of forging. This is a simple process that may save you some time when some one wants a family heirloom forged into a knife.

The noon meal will consist of a barbeque chicken and other meat. Side dishes are welcome as are desserts and other supplies. We will have a short meeting sometime during the day to discuss our next shop tour and knife show.
Remember to bring your extra supplies and equipment for tail gate sales, a very popular part of our shop tours.

We will also have the Iron In the Hat to help raise money for our club to pay expenses. Iron In the Hat consists of a drawing for donated items. Tickets are sold to attendees and then deposited into a cup or can next to a donated item. After lunch, a drawing for each item is held and the winner collects the item. If you have extra items or would like to donate something to help the club, please bring it for the drawing and make somebody very Happy.

Directions

Mikes address can be found on mapquest and his address is:910146 S. 3500 Road, Chandler, OK. 74834

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please feel free to come. Only thing is make sure you bring a lawn chair for your use. Will have 40 to 50 people who are interested or making knives there to visit with.
Ray may even let you try to forge a knife if interested especially the young people.

Please let Ray know if you are coming or call me 918-260-5771- to make sure we have enough meat. NO ONE has ever went home hungry- let me tell you.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike, if I hadn't already committed to doing some training that day I'd sure be there. For anyone on the fence about going, you won't find a better group of guys to hang out with. Everyone is always willing to share information, show techniques and of course there is always great food!

Hope to see you guys soon,
SDS

Latest posts

Top Bottom