KIDD Innovative Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started moding a Ruger 10/22 in 2007 one part at a time from Tony Kidd. I now have a Kidd 10/22 with only the charging handle from Ruger (a .22 magnum handle). I started with a heavy barrel and then a 2 stage trigger, Over the 5 years it took me get the rifle assembled some minor changes in specs for springs and minor parts changed. A telephone call with a explenation of the problem resulted in replacement with new parts without cost to me. Also many telephone call and e-mails were very quickly answered and resulted in a very nice rifle that, with proper ammo, will shoot into 1/2 min groups at 50 yds. I have not tried 100 yds, but I think it would shoot under 1". I would reccommend Tony and his crew to any one wanting mods for a Ruger 10/22. You can buy for less, but I don,t think you can buy better.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did the charging handle, extractor, mag release, auto bolt release, and bolt buffer. Assembled by Harsh Firearms.

i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_1022_1_zps6eebabcb.jpg
[/URL]

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did the charging handle, extractor, mag release, auto bolt release, and bolt buffer. Assembled by Harsh Firearms.

i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_1022_1_zps6eebabcb.jpg
[/URL]

Is that their 18" black ion coated stainless bbl?

I want to purchase one of their stainless bull barrels in black but they only have them in 18". I'd like a 16" in black but am curious if there is that much difference between the 16" and 18".

Any insight is much appreciated.

Also, how do you like the Hogue stock?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I want to purchase one of their stainless bull barrels in black but they only have them in 18". I'd like a 16" in black but am curious if there is that much difference between the 16" and 18".

You could always order the stainless 16" barrel and cerakote it.

Hogue stocks feel real good on the 10-22 platform. I dig it, and have put them on a few rifles. Though, Boyds Tacticool stock is my current fav. You get that classic Mcmillan A5 feel for less than $600.

CoyoteStalker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

There is a difference in the weight and balance of the rifle. The longer barrel will be front heavy. I have the 20", but would recommend the 16" now that I have had it a while. It's too heavy to take squirrel hunting now, so I went and got a takedown ;) (as if I needed an excuse to get another 10-22)

Latest posts

Top Bottom