Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't read it yet, but will. Having heard the stories from the old guys when I was working on some of the big Osage county ranches when a teen, I'll be interested to see if the stories match what's in the book.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I started listening to an Audible version of the book while travelling last week. It's very interesting and matches up with much of what I learned when I moved to Fairfax in the summer of 1972. We have about an hour to go at the end where some new info is being presented from recent research. I highly recommend the book as it develops a lot of detail on how the killings connected the various headrights so the guy plotting the whole thing could control a bunch of money.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished it last night. I highly recommend it. It's amazing how widespread this was and how long it went on. It's scary really. BTW - If anyone is interested, my wife says the author, David Grann, will be in Stillwater making a presentation Thursday evening. SCRATCH THAT LAST PART. Apparently, Grann will not be there until April 12th.

Last edited:

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished it last night. I highly recommend it. It's amazing how widespread this was and how long it went on. It's scary really. BTW - If anyone is interested, my wife says the author, David Grann, will be in Stillwater making a presentation Thursday evening. SCRATCH THAT LAST PART. Apparently, Grann will not be there until April 12th.

Gotta put that on the calendar - I'd love to hear his presentation.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's part of the "One Book, One Community" program through Stillwater Public Library. Tickets are required, but they're free. However, you apparently will have to attend at least one of the earlier sessions (which start March 1st) to sign up for tickets for Grann's presentation.

http://library.stillwater.org/flowermoon.php#d

OK, I'll see if we could make that work. Thanks for the link and the info.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone read this yet? The wife is just starting it. I know a little, but very little of the story from growing up in that area. I'm not much a book reader, but this may be one I take on.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/osage-murders-photos-killers-of-flower-moon

Get it on Audible!! Listened to it driving to Rye NH for vacation last year, really fascinating, sad and disturbing!!! Back in the day we had some pretty corrupt and greedy people running this country...........Hmmm greed and corruption, sounds kind of familiar LOL

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get it on Audible!! Listened to it driving to Rye NH for vacation last year, really fascinating, sad and disturbing!!! Back in the day we had some pretty corrupt and greedy people running this country...........Hmmm greed and corruption, sounds kind of familiar LOL

Nothing’s changed BTW

Latest posts

Top Bottom