Kimber mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLT 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna be buyin' some extra mags for my pro cdp this week. I've been doin' some research and i'm not sure whether to get Kimpro tac mags or Wilson Combat mags. I'm hopin' some of you guys have had experience with both and can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

jwdizney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own any Wilsons, but i've heard lots of good stuff about the 47d's. I have several KimPro TacMags and they've been very reliable, but i have had one that will occasionally fail to slide lock. Chip McCormick are also good mags, very reliable, and quite a bit cheaper. I use them all in kimbers as well, so they may have different performance in other 1911s.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II, initially I bought 2 KimPro, Tac-Mags locally from Sports World (Dong's had them on order) for $29.95 plus tax each, I wanted Wilson Combat but no one had them locally at the time; The KimPro are a good value; long and short magazine bumpers; easy to disassemble; stainless construction; round counter on side -- I bought a few Wilson 47OX mags online; Price ranged from $32 - $34 range after shipping -- they all seem to both work without a hitch; I had no trouble with failure to latch or failure to feed; they both seem to drop from the frame when released -- Without the bumper the KimPro wins the conceal test (doesn't stick out as far); with a bumper the Wilson is the winner (not by much) but thats with the short bumper (that cost extra) -- I think it really a preference thing; In my opinion; Kimber wouldn't sell it if it didn't work -- Wilson Combat reputation is it will always work; can't go wrong with either.

Sorry to put you back at where you started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom