KKM or Lone Wolf Distributor .40-9mm conversion barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREGO

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to get a .40-9mm conversion barrel for my G22, of the two mentioned in the title...which do you guys feel will be the better quality/performing/fitting piece?

To me it also seems that converting a .40 caliber pistol to 9mm makes for an "over built" 9mm??

This will be used for range time primarily...and if I decide that it is 100% reliable after a 1000 rounds or so, maybe will be used more extensively. The KKM is a little more expensive...but is it a better made barrel?

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me it also seems that converting a .40 caliber pistol to 9mm makes for an "over built" 9mm??

If you are implying that it will somehow be better than buying a factory 9mm pistol, I think you are mistaken. What you will have is a somewhat mis-matched breech face that will be less than ideal, but probably quite functional. The 9mm and .40 S&W case heads are close, but not identical.

There are people on okshooters who regularly work on Glocks that can advise you in detail and correct any fit problems you may encounter.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....... What you will have is a somewhat mis-matched breech face that will be less than ideal, but probably quite functional. The 9mm and .40 S&W case heads are close, but not identical.

There are people on okshooters who regularly work on Glocks that can advise you in detail and correct any fit problems you may encounter.

Your only talking about 0.03". Doubt it would make any differnce. Otherwise I don't think Glocks would be as reliable as they are. Wow, I can't believe I just said that. I hate Glocks, and I'm defending them. Miracles never cease.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The KKM is a superior barrel, but for pure range use, the LWD will work just fine. I would recommend against using a 40/9 conversion for carry. The .40 is a better defense cartridge anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom