Knives as gifts: Case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the best presents I have got was 30 years ago a Victorinox 6" boning knife and a Victorinox steel to sharpen it.
BIL was a meat cutter at Pratts in Moore and man that knife is awesome.
Getting narrower but man what a knife.
Not an EDC.
If your buddies hunt and fish or do outdoor things with a knife there is a larger Victorinox
Swiss Army 1 Alox Silver.
That is a useful sized blade.
I take turns using different knives for deer season and sometimes an old timer 2 or 3 blade is in my pocket.
I used to make my own fixed blade for deer season, a new one every year.

Knives are nice to have for sure.
You’re way more talented than me. I count on Mr Miller and Mr McCrosky for my hunting knives.
A custom knife would be a super cool and very memorable gift, but that would put Holechit way over his budget.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buck fixed blades are awesome… Ya might check out their website.

Options close to your price point, custom engraving if desired, made in USA, heirloom quality. The 102 woodsman is a small size fixed blade, I love mine. Great tackle box, small game, or whittling knife. The 105 mid-size are great too, more like a deer knife/camp knife. The 119s are pretty, but IMO too big for practical use

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vote Victorinox. I have a set of their kitchen knives and liked them well enough that I added one of their large slicers for slicing up briskets. They are very good knives. I wish their multi tools weren’t so expensive. They also get great reviews but we all know Leathermans and I go with those or Gerber.

Kershaw has some pretty respectable models for the money. CRKT does too.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would stay with Case, quality name recognized brand. Don't go for the cheap, get them something they'll use or at least admire in the safe. One of my favorites is: Rogers Corn Cob Jig Antique Bone Medium Stockman in antique or brown bone. I may add this to my Christmas list, wife is always wanting a list of things...

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buck fixed blades are awesome… Ya might check out their website.

Options close to your price point, custom engraving if desired, made in USA, heirloom quality. The 102 woodsman is a small size fixed blade, I love mine. Great tackle box, small game, or whittling knife. The 105 mid-size are great too, more like a deer knife/camp knife. The 119s are pretty, but IMO too big for practical use
My wife to be knew I wanted a Buck 119, and she surprised me with one at our wedding reception. We used it to cut the groom’s cake. I still have it and use it occasionally 35 years later. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom