Kodiak Bear Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was a huge Grizzly.
I'll bet he was glad the guide had a rifle for back up.

Guy from Ponca make a solo trip up there in the 80's before a guide was required with a recurve. He got a huge Griz, only to have the hide lost/stolen when it transferred in Seattle. He had plenty of pics of the kill, and hide though. We all thought he was nuts with no gun for a back-up.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been asked to consider going to Alaska on a moose/bear hunt, and I'd really like to do it some day. Right now though, my work situation won't allow me enough time off. I'm doing good to make it to OK for a weekend deer hunt.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10-14 K is what I see .In case anybody is interested the Dallas Safari Club hunting expo will be Jan. 15 - 18 . I've been several times , takes almost all day to see it all . If you are looking to book a hunt or just see what's new in optics to hunting blinds this is the place to go . Last year the cost was $10.00 to get in , you can get tickets on line or at the door . We should have room for two more if someone needs a ride . We leave about 5 am on Thursday , get back around 10 pm or so . I live in the big metropolis of Sperry . http://biggame.org/convention/

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also love to do this hunt Moose/bear hunt is on my bucket list. But that hunt almost made the hunter a bucket!

On a side note I was suprised at all the trash on the beach?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that looks incredible. I'll be going in 2018 if everything works out according to plan. Bear/moose combo to get my alaskan "feet wet" so I can do a sheep/goat hunt shortly after that. I'm starting to think if I ever draw a Montana or Wyoming sheep tag I may be to old to make it up the mountain. So alaska or bc are looking like great options.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would also love to do this hunt Moose/bear hunt is on my bucket list. But that hunt almost made the hunter a bucket!

On a side note I was suprised at all the trash on the beach?

Might possibly have Japanese writing on it, from the tsunami/earthquake a couple years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom