Beagles rabbit hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess Bandit and I are gonna be going by ourselves. Will start with squirrels probably late September or October. He loves to chase them and they enjoy teasing him in our backyard. Will be funny to see what he does when one falls out of a tree. 😂 still want to take him with other beagles on a rabbit hunt. Hopefully we'll find someone with beagles that run rabbits.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran beagles every weekend for years and years. Back when we had rabbits. It's almost rare to see one now. When the last one died, we had quail so went with Brittneys to hunt quail and pheasant. Now we don't have many quail or pheasants.
We hunted rabbits with Ruger Semi auto pistols. Killed bucket loads of them every weekend, skin and gut at home, then give away the backstraps and legs after our freezers were full.
Probably the most fun hunting I've ever done.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
watch your dog....can't tell you the hundreds I see lost every year...they chase a deer or other and next thing they crossed land, fencing, creeks.....

.....beagles are excellent escape artist and when they track,...forget about them listening to you till they fall tried,...and lost,...many are house dogs and won't make it a week, especially once the coyotes find them...

watch your dogs... I have enough of them.....

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
watch your dog....can't tell you the hundreds I see lost every year...they chase a deer or other and next thing they crossed land, fencing, creeks.....

.....beagles are excellent escape artist and when they track,...forget about them listening to you till they fall tried,...and lost,...many are house dogs and won't make it a week, especially once the coyotes find them...

watch your dogs... I have enough of them.....
Yep I would be devastated. Getting a Garmin alpha 200i so I don't lose him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom