KS House passes campus carry bill.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If was a very tough fight and a last minute E-mail campaign apparently pulled it off, Because the Board of Regents was fighting it with very tough politics. The league of Municapalities and the Peace Officers Assoc. Both are special interest groups that are against anything that has to do with guns. The Peace Officers assoc. is one of those organizations that supposidly supports the law enforcement community and raises money etc. yet none of it goes to law enforcement and no acutal LEO folk belong to it. They are trying to get it on the floor of the senate but it may fail if things don't happen quickly.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KHP and the police cheifs assc. were fighting it also. What gives? I still want to know why le insists on making us defenseless victims.

The police Chief's assoc. is another special interest group. KHP is the only LEO against it and that's probably because KHP is probably untimately responsible for law enforcment on the campuses. Campus Police Are generally armed security, On the big campus'. KU,K State, And WSU are the only campuses with armed security, the rest have a janitor that writes tickets.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KHP and the police cheifs assc. were fighting it also. What gives? I still want to know why le insists on making us defenseless victims.

LE doesn't; political appointees do.

When Police Magazine and Law Enforcement Bulletin, two of the largest circulated trade magazines in the industry conducted their polls on the issue in 2002 and 2005 respectively, over 83% of officers, deputies, and agents responded that they were in favor of CCW in both polls (one was 85% one was 83%).

That number is likely larger than the percentage of citizens that support CCW.

1eye,

I've noticed that a lot of your posts seem to indicate that you have a bone to pick with law enforcement over this issue.

If this is a legitimate question, the polls should answer your question.

If it's just a desire to gripe, don't do it here.

Michael Brown

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LE doesn't; political appointees do.

When Police Magazine and Law Enforcement Bulletin, two of the largest circulated trade magazines in the industry conducted their polls on the issue in 2002 and 2005 respectively, over 83% of officers, deputies, and agents responded that they were in favor of CCW in both polls (one was 85% one was 83%).

That number is likely larger than the percentage of citizens that support CCW.

1eye,

I've noticed that a lot of your posts seem to indicate that you have a bone to pick with law enforcement over this issue.

If this is a legitimate question, the polls should answer your question.

If it's just a desire to gripe, don't do it here.

Michael Brown

Something you need to understand right up front is that they were simple questions based on several things I am seeing in these issues and also personal experience with some local LE. I have nothing but respect for all first responders and work WITH them every day as I myself am an EM director. I ask these questions because I was hoping someone with just this kind of info would show it since all I was seeing before was the opposite. I appreciate the info helping me to maintain and increase my respect for LE. I don't appreciate the assumption that I have come to gripe and you can rest assured that I won't be doing it here.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something you need to understand right up front is that they were simple questions based on several things I am seeing in these issues and also personal experience with some local LE. I have nothing but respect for all first responders and work WITH them every day as I myself am an EM director. I ask these questions because I was hoping someone with just this kind of info would show it since all I was seeing before was the opposite. I appreciate the info helping me to maintain and increase my respect for LE. I don't appreciate the assumption that I have come to gripe and you can rest assured that I won't be doing it here.

If you work with LE everyday, you should feel free to ask them.

Personally, I don't have much respect for those who seek to deny law-abiding citizens the ability to protect themselves as they go about their daily lives. If these folks that you deal with every day are in favor of denying you this abillity, I am amazed that you have so much respect for them given that you've gone out of your way to repeatedly suggest that LE are against you exercising your rights.

There are plenty of cops on this forum who venture their opinions about the importance of concealed carry. A quick perusal of the stickies in the CCW forum would give you a good idea of how the cops around here feel about it.

The fact that you ignored all the available information could easily give one the impression that you simply chose to gripe.

Michael Brown

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you work with LE everyday, you should feel free to ask them.

Personally, I don't have much respect for those who seek to deny law-abiding citizens the ability to protect themselves as they go about their daily lives. If these folks that you deal with every day are in favor of denying you this abillity, I am amazed that you have so much respect for them given that you've gone out of your way to repeatedly suggest that LE are against you exercising your rights.

There are plenty of cops on this forum who venture their opinions about the importance of concealed carry. A quick perusal of the stickies in the CCW forum would give you a good idea of how the cops around here feel about it.

The fact that you ignored all the available information could easily give one the impression that you simply chose to gripe.

Michael Brown
I have asked this question with local authorities in conversation concerning the security of our courthouse and that was where I first encountered this issue. Even though I may differ in opinion on something with these guys doesn't change the fact that they are putting thier lives on the line everyday with the intentions of providing public safety and for this fact alone they deserve all the respect and support I can provide them. Also, I am not small minded enough to form an opinion on an entire group based on one individuals attitude. After seeing the opponents to concealed carry listed in the articles that I have responded to I was beginning to wonder where the majority stood. It was becoming plain to me that I had very little knowledge of LE's opinion towards cc as a whole. The only way I know to gain that knowledge is to ask and thought this was the place to get the right answer. I didn't ignore available information I was just to ignorant to know where it was and was hoping my questions would lead me to it. I believe in being straight forward and honest in my conversation and dealings and realize that this does cause my words to be quite blunt which tends to cause some folks to take it the wrong way. You can probably tell, I have had this problem before. If anybody ever has a question about my intentions please ask me before making an assumption. I will gladly explain without being offended. I am a firm believer that if you don't know ask, if you don't ask then you will never know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom