Larue MBT-2S triggers on sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah I'm not going to put them in all my rifles. But for paper and/or maybe some prairie rats, I would think it would be helpful.
I'm so anal about having the same trigger pull/break on everything I shoot, it probably wouldn't work for me to have one purposed rifle with a two stage and another with a single stage.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just want to try it out. I've played with some Geisselle triggers at Bass Pro and it was interesting. So, this is a decent way to try it without spending $250+.
I can understand playing, but why a 2 stage. What's the purpose?
I'm with Dennis, I want the pull and trip the same on everything.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have a few of them and IMO, they are better then a G-SSA at half the price. I love the two stage and mainly because of my style of shooting, the way I was trained and the way I train. I slack out, like to hit the wall, and follow through before I take another shot. Even a single stage will have that, but for what I use my guns for, a 2 stage is what I need.

Back to the MBT.. I go rid of all my SSA's for the MBT if that says anything. Comparing them, I've had RRA, Armalite, Geiselle, Black Rain, Rise, Spikes, and milspec stuff and the MBT is my favorire.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a few of them and IMO, they are better then a G-SSA at half the price. I love the two stage and mainly because of my style of shooting, the way I was trained and the way I train. I slack out, like to hit the wall, and follow through before I take another shot. Even a single stage will have that, but for what I use my guns for, a 2 stage is what I need.

Back to the MBT.. I go rid of all my SSA's for the MBT if that says anything. Comparing them, I've had RRA, Armalite, Geiselle, Black Rain, Rise, Spikes, and milspec stuff and the MBT is my favorire.

I can understand them being better than SSA, but are they better than SSA-E?

I prefer 2 stage triggers also, hate single stage. I want that slack then wall, it's so much better.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I can understand them being better than SSA, but are they better than SSA-E?

I prefer 2 stage triggers also, hate single stage. I want that slack then wall, it's so much better.

Yeah, it's hard for me to describe what it is I liked about it. I think it is like having a very very short-pull/short-reset light trigger at 2 lbs (this is the 2nd stage), with a 2.5 lb takeup or something. I don't know. I just like the feel of it, again, for specific purposes, like @dennishoddy said, target shooting or something like that. It's not a hunting trigger, per se, and it's not for tactical or run-n-gun or 3 gun style stuff. It's just something different. I have a number of different rifle, some of which are purpose built for a specific thing, like paper-punching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom