Lawn mower for RickN.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now that edits have taken place and posts have been deleted, I guess it appears this comment was directed at me although before the edits and deleted posts CHenry clarified it wasn’t. This is like some political argument where context is thrown out the window. I’m not really directing this rant at you CHenry it more just me venting about deletions changing the appearance of the conversation that was being had.
I'm not sure what was deleted but this was directed at Jakeman. Sorry for any confusion.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m late to the party but just a suggestion. Instead of buying a mower, what would be the thoughts about funding lawn care for Rick. It’s fricking hot out and not being mean to Rick but his health isn’t too great. I know we could get the whole thing mowed and trimmed weekly for no more than $50 per week. I know someone as I’m sure others do to that would do it. Just a thought.
I kinda like the idea, we currently are at $2700 and still climbing and that will mow his grass many times without him lifing a finger.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that could include trimming and hauling of the cuttings.
I pay $50 every 2 weeks for lawn service, he doesnt bag but he has 2 of those stand up riding JDs about 34" that mulch it fine, weed eat, edge ang clean up. Its much easier than me doing it with my mobility issues and no more maintaining another machine. sold my honda on here yesterday.
So I spend right around $500 per summer for this service. Next year I'm shopping for a cheaper service because I know they are out there. My guy has raised rates both last summer and again this summer.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it depends on Ricks health or what he wants.
$3000 /$50 mows gives him 60 mows. I mow my lawn at least 30 times a year and mulching leaves etc..
just thinking. If he wants and can mow, long term the physical mower is better.
But, if there are reasons he can't mow, yup, mowing service.
I am not one of those people that cares which way it goes cause I gave, just want the best for RickN.

and we dont need to discuss his health here on open forum

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The idea of a mowing service sounds great but like stated above I want what Rick wants. I don’t know Rick. I’ve never met him and I don’t think I’ve ever even been in an exchange with him here but I’ve “seen” him a bunch since I’ve been around OSA and it appeared to me that he is a guy that wants to mow his grass but didn’t have a good machine. I know there’s some fellas that that’s about the only outdoor activity they still do. Rick this OSA crew obviously cares for you! Just tell us what ya want what ya really really want.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I forget if you all are determined to do this, instead of thinking of options and accessories, do not forget there will be a lot of tax on it if you buy new. I hate to see whomever goes to pay for it getting stuck with the tax bill.

On a side note, Thank you. You guys are the best bunch of degenerates on the web. I am honored to know you folks. If I ever win the lotto the wife and I already decided you are all getting a few thousands dollar gift card to your favorite gun store. :P
Just regular people helping regular people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom