Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Los Tres, Gordo Amigos?

I'll call your Los Tres and raise you a Pizza Hut il mio amico.

I'll call your Pizza Hut. Show me what you got...

Full house - three pepperonis and two mushrooms.

Billy Sims BBQ?

Hey ... y'all know me, I'm game for pretty much anything. Los Tres is fine, just wanted to see if anyone else was here!

I can't make this Friday. Ya'll have fun.

Drag, hope to see ya next week then. I'll have a taco/piece of pizza/slice of brisket thinking of ya.

So ... which way we goin' Billy?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am starting to lean toward picking up a 1911 just to have one. However, I am a lefty - are there any FGST leftys who have used the standard 1911 with reasonable success?
Another question - does anyone have a US made 1911 they might wish to trade? I have a couple of possible revolver trade offerings.
I will also solicit any advice you guys want to offer since I am dithering between a no-kidding base model or springing a little more up front for any desirable extras (like an ambi safety, etc.)

Bottom Line - school me about 1911s in general and in relations to left-handed people in particular.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bottom Line - school me about 1911s in general and in relations to left-handed people in particular.

I'm not really a 1911 guy, but I did see this not long ago.

cabotgun.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_10_Cabot_South_Paw_2.png

Cabot Guns

Or you could always do a matched set to see which you liked best.

chamberscustom.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_11_IMGP2579.jpg

(from Chambers Custom Pistols)A

Last edited:

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fittin' ta stroll out the door with my 1911 on my hip right now, in a minute. (how's that for an Okie statement?!)

SR1911 w/ambi = you're all set.

I say dive in, John. If you find it's not for you, I truly doubt that you'd lose any significant money, if any at all. People will always buy/trade for a 1911.
I'm on my sixth one, I think... And this one ain't going anywhere! ('cept where I go, haha) (Ruger SR1911)
Gotta jet - see you cats tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom