Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^^Congrats on getting the M1 carbine--just about the handiest little rifle ever made, and so much fun to shoot. Thanks for the report on the show in Chickasha; I might head up there tomorrow for a look around.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of you mentioned you were thinking about going to the show in Chickasha - went up this morning, and was glad I did. Have been looking for a USGI M1 Carbine and there were three - one of which came home with me.

Most prices were in the reasonable range and there were deals to be had - lots more guns than I've seen recently, both new and used, long guns and handguns, a good selection of magazines and accessories, some reloading supplies, knives and other stuff. All in all one of the better shows I've been to in a while - $9 admission, $1 off for OSA members.

Glad to hear you found you an M1 Carbine. You have just about all of the US small arms of WWII now, don't you? Just need a Johnson M1941 and an M1A1 Thompson now.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear you found you an M1 Carbine. You have just about all of the US small arms of WWII now, don't you? Just need a Johnson M1941 and an M1A1 Thompson now.

I have some magazines for the Johnson LMG. Does that count towards the collection?

Once again, caught with magazines that I have no gun for.

Dave

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hah! Would be nice, but I don't think either of those is in the stars for me. This started because I thought it would be fun to own those I'd drilled with at one time or another though I don't think I'll be throwing any of these up in the air or anything. Not quite sure how the carbine got onto the list other than I owned a .22 replica of one years ago and always thought I'd like a "real" one - seemed like it was as good a time as any while parts are still reasonably easy to come by.

Besides, as much as I like the black guns an arms locker is supposed to smell of linseed oil. :cool:

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hah! Would be nice, but I don't think either of those is in the stars for me. This started because I thought it would be fun to own those I'd drilled with at one time or another though I don't think I'll be throwing any of these up in the air or anything. Not quite sure how the carbine got onto the list other than I owned a .22 replica of one years ago and always thought I'd like a "real" one - seemed like it was as good a time as any while parts are still reasonably easy to come by.

Besides, as much as I like the black guns an arms locker is supposed to smell of linseed oil. :cool:

Gratz on the Carbine, they are fun to shoot. I sold mine 2004 and wish I never had made that mistake. But I have satisfaction in knowing I will run across another one, one day. But your fun now begins, you get to find all the accessories and get it all seksy.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom