Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK guys. Time to get a little serious here.

Big, Big, BIG gun auction this weekend at the Coliseum. I think it is a Don Armes auction. Lotsa guns and lotsa ammo.

So, first, who is going? and what are you looking for.

If several of us are going, we need to get together so we don't outbid each other.

And also to try to identify any other OSA folks in the crowd.

I think we could help each other more than hurt each other.

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK guys. Time to get a little serious here.

Big, Big, BIG gun auction this weekend at the Coliseum. I think it is a Don Armes auction. Lotsa guns and lotsa ammo.

So, first, who is going? and what are you looking for.

If several of us are going, we need to get together so we don't outbid each other.

And also to try to identify any other OSA folks in the crowd.

I think we could help each other more than hurt each other.

Dave

Its my birthday weekend so I believe that I get a kitchen pass for this, no money but a pass. So I will go.

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there, My wife and Karma works for Don Armes during his auctions. I can say be prepared to spend 3 times retail for the guns. His last big gun auction in Altus brought many gun buyers in the state and everything went real high. this is only one phase of the estate sale the rest of the estate will be sold at a later date.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be there, My wife and Karma works for Don Armes during his auctions. I can say be prepared to spend 3 times retail for the guns. His last big gun auction in Altus brought many gun buyers in the state and everything went real high. this is only one phase of the estate sale the rest of the estate will be sold at a later date.

Hmmm...thanks for the warning. At three times normal rate...heck, that makes gun shows a regular fire sale. Maybe I will find some other place to recreate this weekend. There's a Gun Show in Altus on the 19th, I suppose I can wait.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hmmmm, I wonder.........could this just be someone's way of quietly keeping the competition away???? Looks like it knocked one guy off already.
We'll know for sure if he shows up at the next lunch with tales of "man I got this amazing deal at the last auction I went to."

Haha.

Most guns at auctions seem to go high. Sometimes, you get lucky.

I don't know.

Dave

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will try to get some flyers and bring them to the luncheon Friday. I based my comment on the last few auctions hope I didn't scare anyone away. I go to many estate auctions you just never know what you will find. They don't have any entry fee so it never hurts to look. I also know from past experience the flyers only list the main items I am sure there will be more there than what is listed. I look for the vehicles to go cheap.

Most people go for the guns because there is no paperwork the sale is final and you have weapons big brother don't know you have. the auctioneer doesn't keep any records of the sales.

I am also hoping with the shear volume of guns that they will bundle and do choice auctions, there you can get awesome deals. For a collection to be so big I am sure there will be a lot of accessories which usually go cheap.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I was kidding about the "scaring folks away".
It would be a good strategy.

However, the auctions that I have been to, they have always required paperwork.
I saw someone take issue with the guys running the auction about that once.
They said that it wasn't the auctioneer selling the guns, but acting as a middleman.
Auctioneers said he was required to fill out the 4473s.

'course I've also been to a few where they had loaded guns on the tables and the auctioneers tried to get people to believe that the Mac10s they were selling were full auto without paperwork.

Dave

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I like about Don Armes auctions, he is the state representative for district 63. He cant afford to do anything funny. He has researched it and will tell you at the beginning there is no paperwork since he is commissioned to sell a private collection. When you win a bid your number is written down on a bid sheet and turned in to the trailer. When you pay out you get the bid sheet so there is no record or trace of the sale same loop hole in gun shows for those selling their "personal collection."

Np, Dave I didn't take any offense, I saw it all in jest.

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
'course I've also been to a few where they had loaded guns on the tables and the auctioneers tried to get people to believe that the Mac10s they were selling were full auto without paperwork.

Dave

Wow, full auto with no paperwork! I would run away from that auction as fast as my little legs can go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom