Learned my lesson!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was that actually 221 freakin dollars it was around $30.I guess I should take that **** with me next time I go out.A local known poacher shot two doe from the road on posted land got caught red handed dragging them out and had only one doe tag left got a $225 fine.

221 for no orange and 225 for taking a doe with a spotlight from the road? seems a little skewed to me.
And it's more legal to spotlight with a tag than without? WTF?:scratch:
If the OGW only gets their money from fines, then they should increase the fines for the more serious violations and be put on commission only salary. Little incentive plan to motivate those guys, rather than wait at the road for someone not wearing orange.:D

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
221 for no orange and 225 for taking a doe with a spotlight from the road? seems a little skewed to me.
And it's more legal to spotlight with a tag than without? WTF?:scratch:
If the OGW only gets their money from fines, then they should increase the fines for the more serious violations and be put on commission only salary. Little incentive plan to motivate those guys, rather than wait at the road for someone not wearing orange.:D
The charges added up to loss of gun,vehicle,thousands in fines and I think loss of lifetime license but they let him off easy,which pissed us off royally.The thing is it worked he got permission and started being legit.The guy was a salty outdoorsman I never understood the road hunting B.S.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently sat through the Hunter Ed. class with my son and the GW that was there told us about writting a ticket to a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt but did not have the hood up on his head. Ticket. I am thankful the Wardens are around and we have had a friendly relationship with several around the state but that would have hacked me off at $221.

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wear the required orange, but got to thinking the other day about my back pack covering some of it up. The reg states "it must be visible", so, I've been in violation and have been lucky not getting a ticket. I have a spare vest, so now, I wrap it around the BP before putting it on.

That's nuts. So your saying that you could potentially be cited for wearing your backpack if it's blocking your blaze orange??? I always have a spare vest that I put on the deer I get or ground blind i'm in but never my backpack. I might as well just break down and get me a pair of these http://www.farmandfleet.com/catalog/product.aspx?i=360161&h=010203001

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son's hunter ed. class was taught by a ranger who said trapping,coon hunting and pond jumping ducks made him sick and he has an instant dislike of any person doing so.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but why don't you have to wear orange during bow season?

Because the range of a bow is much less than a rifle, also there is the scope factor to consider. I know what most people with a brain say you can tell a deer from a person through a scope, but there are those dumba$$es that shoot at anything they see in a scope that does not have orange on it.

Hub

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ODWC wardens are funded 100% on fines and license fees, they have no other source of funding so yeah they don't cut any slack.

That may be in some cases, but I am here to tell you that deer hunters are treated differently than bird hunters. There is a double standard and I have experienced it first hand. Was loading up with EZbake and my neighbor after duck hunting opening morning, GW rolled up on us and we sat and talked to him for a good 15 minutes, he asked if we did any good and I replied yeah but only 13 Teals (EZBake needs to go shoot more skeet with me), pulled them out and showed him. He asked if we had any big ducks, I replied nope did not see any. He then said okay you guys take care and left. Did not ask to see ANY licenses or stamps. If we were deer hunting he would have, you can bet your bottom dollar.

Hub

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's nuts. So your saying that you could potentially be cited for wearing your backpack if it's blocking your blaze orange??? I always have a spare vest that I put on the deer I get or ground blind i'm in but never my backpack. I might as well just break down and get me a pair of these http://www.farmandfleet.com/catalog/product.aspx?i=360161&h=010203001

Thats the way I read it. The reg said it must be visible. a $10 vest is a pretty good investment.

Actually I used to have a set of totally orange coveralls. My cousin worked at Ditch Witch in Perry, and that is what they issue their outside people to wear in the winter. I don't know if they still do that.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom