Learned my lesson!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread should be re-titled. "why do you hate your local game warden?"

Wrong song.
I have had a long term relationship with all of our GW's, and totally respect them for the job they do. Long nights on stake-outs, EVERYBODY HAS A GUN that you approach, sometimes with multiple hunters that have long guns as well as side arms.
Takes lots of Kahuna's to do that in my opinion.
I'll pm you some names if you think I'm just putting this out for grins and giggles...

If I screw up, and deserve a ticket, its because I SCREWED UP by not reading the regulations. I scour them every year to make sure I understand, and have no problem making a phone call to the ODW, although once or twice, I've questioned the information I got from them and checked with the local GW to get a clarification from them.

I learned a long time ago to quit being a victim, and take responsibility for my own actions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too funny!

Yeah but the "bunny cops" can enforce all laws the OHP can plus game laws.

Yes, I should have mentioned that, as well as some if not all of the Okla GW's have a federal commision that allows them in cross state lines.

You have to be around these guys to understand their humor:D

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread should be re-titled. "why do you hate your local game warden?"

Are things that bad over in Adair county? There's like 9 people over there, they can't all hate you :D

Just kidding man - I presume you're a game warden? I've got nothing but respect for you guys. I've been down to Honobia and 3-Rivers and those guys have some serious kahonas (and no backup for miles) I'm not knocking other LEOs out there, but I'd do about 10 different LEO jobs before I'd be a GW - that's a dangerous job.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares if someone doesn't wear orange? I'm not gonna shoot at anything that isn't 100% deer and 100% safe.

I am glad you are positive at what you shoot at but remember, as stated a couple times in this thread, deer season brings out a bunch of idiots and those idiots shoot at anything that moves and does not have orange on.

Hub

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other hand - there aren't that many rules out there to follow: License, Date and time, Means of taking and Hunter Orange. $221 sounds steep though.

It is steep considering i hunted all weekend with just an orange hat. I had a mouth call in my pocket. I was legal, but you were not!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom