Lee Load-all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well a couple of you say they are junk but u didnt say why they are junk me and uncivil are just looking for a hobby if it cost the same as buying a box of shells from the store thats ok you dont learn anything from handing someone your credit card we wanna learn the basics ;) and this looks like a good way to do that

Okay I know this is going to pi$$ off the Lee Load All people but I will be blunt... They are Plastic pieces of s@#t, plain and simple. Buy a used MEC Jr. for less than $100 and don't look back. I can't say it any plainer than that.

I am not saying you NEED to go buy a Spolar Gold with Hydro kit, just a good working press you can get parts for cheap if they break.

Hub

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well a couple of you say they are junk but u didnt say why they are junk me and uncivil are just looking for a hobby if it cost the same as buying a box of shells from the store thats ok you dont learn anything from handing someone your credit card we wanna learn the basics ;) and this looks like a good way to do that
The LoadAll is not junk just limited in features.
Manual sizer ring has to be placed manually onto the hull.
Limited powder and shot capacity hoppers.
Not as easy to empty powder and shot hoppers.
Longer lever on MECs requires less effort when you are loading.
I don't think it crimps as well but that might have been me.

If you can find a used MEC most times you get it at about the same price as a Loadall and get extra bushings and misc. thrown into the deal. I'll keep you in mind if I ever clean my loading room and find any or most of the LoadAll, I do think I could find the primer feeder seems like I have seen it sometime in the last few years.:teehee:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over about 20 years when times were tough, and money was tight I bought a Lee Load All. It was all I used for 18 years, and it still sits in on my loading bench, next to the RCBS Grand I use now.
The Lee requires a "personal touch" as it doesn't have a stop for crimping, and is made for somebody to "feel" when the crimp is right. I guess I must have that feel as I've loaded thousands of rounds with it with few rejects. Most rejects were because of hull problems. It will load 3" shells that my RCBS won't.
Takes lots of operations to get one shell out the back, but all in all I like mine.
Now that I shoot lots of trap, and sporting clays, I had to go to a progressive, and guess what, with a $500 rig, I still have rejects.

Latest posts

Top Bottom