Left Handed 22 Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayberg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My baby girl (age 11) is a lefty, and she's got about 300 rounds thru a P22. We've had a few light strikes on CCI mini-mags, but they all eventually fired.

As you know, it's fully ambidextrous except for the slide release. I suppose there are larger caliber FNH models that are completely ambidextrous. So she may graduate to something like that one day.

As for the P22, IMO the mag release isn't the best feature, but she can operate it. She loves shootin it.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From what I've heard, Walther P22's are hit and miss, you either have a good one, or you don't. I must've gotten a good one.

I got my P22 about 7 years ago and have put somewhere around 5,000 rounds through it. After a break in period of about 400 to 500 rounds, I haven't had any more problems with reliabilty as long as I clean and lube it properly.

It's still the 1 gun that goes to the range with me every single time.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W model 22a or 22a-1.The mag release is in the grip, middle front, other than the ejection port is still on the right as wel as the safety, but that is easy to adjust to as you can use right hand to put on safety.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm left handed and shoot righty guns. I have found that I can reach the mag dump (Glocks) easier with my left hand trigger finger & keep my shooting grip than most right handed shooters trying to reach it with their short thumbs and loosing their shooting grip. I hit the slide release with my right hand middle finger as I seat the mag and take up my support with that hand. Of course, Glocks do not have an external safety to deal with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom