Leggings Dispute At Central Middle School In Edmond - What's your take on them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EDMOND, Oklahoma - Some Edmond middle school parents are angry their kids have been cited with dress code violations at Central Middle School.

Their complaints revolve around leggings, which are very popular amongst teenage girls.

Cynthia Lukehart's daughter is a sixth grader at Central Middle School.

Lukehart said her daughter was threatened with in-school detention on Monday, because the shirt she was wearing with her leggings wasn't long enough.

"She has been wearing this outfit for eight months," said Lukehart. "And she wore these in the fifth grade, and they're very popular, they're what all the girls are wearing."

2/17/2014 Related Story: Hot Topics: Marlow Schools Debate Leggings

Mike Taticzek said his daughter was threatened with detention and suspension for the same issue on Tuesday.

"It's a waste of my time; it's embarrassing for my daughter," said Taticzek. "I could see if it's revealing or something."

An Edmond School District Spokesperson sent out a statement Tuesday that said in part, "The middle school dress code is based upon the premise of recognizing fashion without sacrificing decency, safety, and appropriateness."

http://www.news9.com/story/24823291/leggings-dispute-at-edmond-middle-school

Somebody posted a pic on FB there other day where the material was stretched so much you could see through them. To make maters worse no undies with butt crack.

hawkfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter had a similar issue, I'm all for the school regulating the wardrobe. Had I known what she was wearing, I would have made her change. Leggings are nothing more than boner material for adolescent boys.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dress codes should be enforced. that is all I can say about leggings at schools.

My personal opinion on leggings is they should come with a weight limit if you know what I mean.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What should embarrass her is that she let her daughter out of the house with nothing but leggings / yoga pants on her arse. I am SOOOOOO glad this stuff and short stuff is in style now because it WON”T be when my daughters are old enough to want to wear it. I’m going to have my hands full as it is. Anyone have a Civil war cannon they want to store in my front yard to help me scare off the boys? I'll only need it for the next 15 years or so.

Seriously, they are way tighter than bicycle shorts and leave absolutely nothing to the imagination.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What should embarrass her is that she let her daughter out of the house with nothing but leggings / yoga pants on her arse. I am SOOOOOO glad this stuff and short stuff is in style now because it WON”T be when my daughters are old enough to want to wear it. I’m going to have my hands full as it is. Anyone have a Civil war cannon they want to store in my front yard to help me scare off the boys? I'll only need it for the next 15 years or so.

Seriously, they are way tighter than bicycle shorts and leave absolutely nothing to the imagination.

Sorry dude. as a father with two teenage girls and one teenage boy, I can tell you that a canon is no match for the raging hormones. Your only hope is that you've raised them right and they have a good head on their shoulders. Even then it's a crap shoot. Hormones are dangerous things. More so than any guided missile, bullet or canon ball. If we could drop bombs of hormones on those allah-snackbars, we'd never have to fire a single bullet.

I've been lucky enough to get one off to college without issue. The other one is still in Jr. high and is boy-crazy. Leggings are completely off-limits outside of the home. So are short-shorts and a whole host of other inappropriate clothing.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_leegin_zpsaaf9e26a.jpg

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the kids in my classes have questions about the dress code, I tell them the following rule of thumb should apply: Put on your chosen outfit. Look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Would I want to see coach wearing an outfit like this?" If the answer is a grimaced look and an emphatic "No" when you get that mental picture (most of the time this is guaranteed).......you need to change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom