Lens covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are some of the best lens covers for Redfield/Leupold scopes?
I'm not sure of my options...I'd really like flip-ups but what does the forum think? Are see-throughs good? Screw-in? Anything I haven't mentioned?
I found some Leupold flip-ups that I really like. Since my scope is a Redfield, they're made for them. But they are $40 EACH!!
:yikes2:
What has worked for you?

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my flip-up lens covers delivered today! haha
I went with Butler Creek. Ordered them from Midway USA for $6.99 each. (Of course, to avoid the $3.00 "special handling" fee for such an inexpensive order...I ended up spending sixty bucks!) :hithead:

Anyway...I've heard good things about them and they seem like they will do a fine job of keeping dust off of the lenses and flipping up when requesting to do so. I can't imagine spending eighty bucks to fulfill those needs...
I guess time will tell if they hold up to the stresses of keeping dust off of the lenses and flipping up when requested to do so.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyway...I've heard good things about them and they seem like they will do a fine job of keeping dust off of the lenses and flipping up when requesting to do so. I can't imagine spending eighty bucks to fulfill those needs...
I guess time will tell if they hold up to the stresses of keeping dust off of the lenses and flipping up when requested to do so.

I see what you did there lol. I'm assuming they screw on...I have a low mount and I'd rather not have to remove the scope to install them.
May be unavoidable though.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see what you did there lol. I'm assuming they screw on...I have a low mount and I'd rather not have to remove the scope to install them.
May be unavoidable though.

;)
No, man...they slid right on, no scope removal necessary. Friction retention rocks.
Gonna have to do your homework though to ensure you order the right size the first time!
Here's the link I found VERY useful: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1093420#Post1093420

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called them this morning and they said that a #13 eyepiece and #26 objective would fit my Redfield 4x12x40.
I also learned Butler Creek is owned by Bushnell.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought Butler Creek from my local gun shop and also from WalMart. The larger WalMart superstores should have a supply of them. You just need to be sure you know the correct size.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the finished "look".

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_IMG_0489.jpg

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_IMG_0490.jpg

Thye may be plastic, but they look and feel good. Not as quiet as I hoped, but that can be overcome. I'm happy since they only cost $11

Latest posts

Top Bottom