LEO Notification of Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good grief ... I am curious ... Are you a trooper? Are you basing your comment about OHP being skittish of CCW holders based on OSTA's stance on open carry or do you have a link to something substantial about CCW and OHP ... and by substantial I mean something like an official release from the Commissioner's Office, not a news clip of OSTA comments on open carry or ANYTHING that Nick Wiggler, errrr, Winkler had done on DPS?

Just curious ... cuz the hubby is a 20 year Trooper and this is news to him.

Oh, and BTW if you walked past an LEO in QT and said, "hey I got a CC" he/she would probably look at you like you were daft ... just saying ... :P :rollingla

I will assume your hubby and his fellow troopers will be on the news shortly lambasting the OSTA for mis-representing them in their support of this veto.. I didn't think so....

Thanks for singling me out on my QT comment.. I was simply pointing out that I didn't feel it was necessary to notify every time I walked past a LEO...

Is this "shark week"? You seem a little uptight....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will assume your hubby and his fellow troopers will be on the news shortly lambasting the OSTA for mis-representing them in their support of this veto.. I didn't think so....

Thanks for singling me out on my QT comment.. I was simply pointing out that I didn't feel it was necessary to notify every time I walked past a LEO...

Me?? Uptight?? You'll learn ... :rollingla No, not at all. Didn't think you had anything to base your comments on conceal carry and OHP, that's all.

My point is that OSTA comments were based on OPEN carry ... not CONCEALED carry ...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Contact" IS in the statute.

Do you think they are going to put the definition of "contact" in the
statute...No.

Do you think they put the definition of "contact" in the lesson plan expecting instructors to teach that definition...Yes.

Pages 15&16 of the SDA Lesson Plan.

The statute does not say "contact... OR during the course of any arrest, detainment, or traffic stop." It says "contact... during the course of any arrest, detainment, or traffic stop."

For a casual non-official conversation to be included as contact, then the "OR" modifier would need to be in the statute.

However, any official conversation is included by the use of "any" in describing what kind of arrest, detainment, or traffic stop. By using the word "any" to modify "arrest, detainment, or traffic stop", then it means that if you or an officer engage each other during the course of an arrest, detainment, or traffic stop, you must notify regardless of your direct or indirect relationship to that particular arrest, detainment, or traffic stop.

Do I think that they would compel instructors to unintentionally mislead applicants on legal definitions to make some applicants infer that carrying a firearm concealed in public may add undue stress? Yes.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

LMAO!

ai54.photobucket.com_albums_g109_Leaheydvm_demots_popcorn.gif

Now.... say something her dress and high heels!

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might not be in the law but it IS in the lesson plan all instructors are to use.

If its not law then I don't need to do it.

Just this week right after the tornado that came through Tecumseh we were checking on neighbors and the police were on several street corners limiting traffic. We were walking and they would not let the us through so the guy I was with could check on his house and they were arguing about it. Anyway I informed him I had my ccw and he told me "I don't care I am not talking to you." YMMV.

Everyone sees it differently so I will just follow what the law says.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmnn... My only contact with any OK peace officer went like this:

He pulled me over... I was holding the CCW on top of my DL when he got to the window... I never got a word in edgewise--- he talked till he was done and sent me on my way.

I have to assume he saw the card... and that was good enough for him...

Or he saw the card and kept jawin' anyway, or

He needs some refresher training on his part of what happens on a CCW stop.

Other than that... a very nice officer and a very polite stop.

Oh... you local PD guys... I wish you would stop coming right up the the window and standing square to it. Back in the day we used to give the trunk lid a little tug (bad stuff gets in car trunks sometimes) and we never presented a square target to the windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom