Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some updated pics of mine...I just added the Magpul AFG.

ai146.photobucket.com_albums_r268_jaymzb74_Gun_20pics_DSCF0620.jpg

ai146.photobucket.com_albums_r268_jaymzb74_Gun_20pics_DSCF0622.jpg

ai146.photobucket.com_albums_r268_jaymzb74_Gun_20pics_DSCF0621.jpg

What sling are you running? NOT ON SAFETY, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!? Also, I am stoked about my "remodel".

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Updated them both a little and took 'em out for some hard work the other day. Both ran great, but I've noticed that as much as I hate carrying the heavy one around for practical carbine stuff, it makes for a much nicer shooter (mag changes make me feel like I'm popping a vein though with the damn 16" heavy barrel and that damn heavy rail).

The lighter one is definitely quicker, but I've noticed with running them through the works (as opposed to making groups and hunting with them) that it bounces around a lot easier when I'm moving and trying to use the optic (due to its light weight).

That Noveske Lower will be complete as soon as Bill Springfield's LPK comes in this next week and I'll get it back out with a decent trigger in it and see how it does.

I'm loving the Troy VFG over the Grip-Pod for moving around other than the fact that its aluminum and gets friggin cold when temps go down outside (the Tango Down isn't nearly as noticeable being as its plastic). I'm hoping I don't end up missing the Grip-Pod when it comes time to get out and hunt with it again.

[Broken External Image]

EZB, is the VFG on the lower one billet?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZB, is the VFG on the lower one billet?

Yeah - and anodized, which makes it look almost gold in that pic (it looks a lot closer to the rest of it in normal light). Its two-piece and can be made into a stubby or standard (and can be removed without sliding across the rail like the standard Tango Down). It comes with two screws, one flat-head machine screw and one thumb-screw for a QD type of thing. Its on sale at Weaponparts.com and would have been the same price as the Tango Down stubby, so I went with the one that would allowe me to have full-sized or stubby (the Troy).

It probably would match the EOTech that I had that was in "FDE" better than Magpul's FDE. What's weird is that it doesn't match the Troy BUIS :D

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah - and anodized, which makes it look almost gold in that pic (it looks a lot closer to the rest of it in normal light). Its two-piece and can be made into a stubby or standard (and can be removed without sliding across the rail like the standard Tango Down). It comes with two screws, one flat-head machine screw and one thumb-screw for a QD type of thing. Its on sale at Weaponparts.com and would have been the same price as the Tango Down stubby, so I went with the one that would allowe me to have full-sized or stubby (the Troy).

It probably would match the EOTech that I had that was in "FDE" better than Magpul's FDE. What's weird is that it doesn't match the Troy BUIS :D

Well sense it don't match.........

SIG229

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leupold Tactical 3.5-10, "Enhanced" mil reticle. I used to use it on a precision bolt rifle, but 10x just wasn't enough for that rifle. It works really well on an AR though.