Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well Im still working on this one and actually spent the last hour and a half cutting off the stock bbl nut and then 15 mins installing and lining up the DD FF rail.

well here is the end result, u will have to excuse the crappy cell phone pics as my camera battery is dead.

ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj194_wizardoi_justrailadded.jpg

ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj194_wizardoi_rail_afg_trijimounted.jpg

And here is the bbl nut I cut off, I got this relief cut in it and was able to torque it off finally. I was being really freaking careful not to cut into the threads of the upper receiver itself.

ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj194_wizardoi_cutbblnut.jpg

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FIRST AR!!!

Started with a CMMG stripped lower, took the AR 101 class at Mark's Firearms and installed CMMG LPK, CMMG Adj. Stock,
and then topped it off with the classic looking upper from CMMG. So I've got an all CMMG AR. (except for the Hogue Grip)

Looking to put on some Daniel Defense Omega Rails and some type of optics in the future.
Gonna have to wait til I can fill the piggy bank again.

[Broken External Image]

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR15 10mm SBR
Colt SBR lower
Oly Arms 10mm flattop upper
16" barrel cut to 5" and threaded 9/16-24
TROS 9/16-24 .40 3lug adapter
YHM 4rail ff handguard
TangoDown qd stubby FVG
EoTech 552
HK 3lug flashhider or Gemtech Raptor40

This setup was seen at the OSA Silencer Shoot.

I remember this one, Nice setup Phil

Here's my .45 ACP SBR
Had to have a special suppressor mount made, should be here next week sometime (I Hope).
I'm thinking of shortening the 11 1/2" barrel to 7", but I'm worried I may run into reliability issues.
I probably won't change it up very much for a little while.
I'm just having fun with it like it is for now.
It run's like a champ & is super accurate.
[Broken External Image]

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was the original nut stuck or something?

That blows! Those 9.5 FSPs are nice, though.

yeah that barrel nut was stuck on so tight that I busted the teeth off it with my barrel nut wrench and after a while the teeth were so worn down it wouldnt grip it.

So I then grabbed a pair of vice grips and was lifting my entier work bench off the floor trying to take it off.

So I called spikes and tom in tech support told me I could send it in to them and they would remove it and send it back for me or I could put it in a lathe and mill some relief cuts into it. Or use a dremel and carefully do the same thing and if I screwed it up tobad to call him and he would make it right.

So I chose the dremel route and spent a few hours carefully cutting and grinding as to not go to deep and hit the barrel or the receiver threads.

But I got it off and got the new rail mounted up, now im just waiting on my adams arms piston kit, my lower and a parts kit minus the trigger group to arive.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my .45 ACP SBR
Had to have a special suppressor mount made, should be here next week sometime (I Hope).
I'm thinking of shortening the 11 1/2" barrel to 7", but I'm worried I may run into reliability issues.
I probably won't change it up very much for a little while.
I'm just having fun with it like it is for now.
It run's like a champ & is super accurate.
[Broken External Image]

Now that is pretty hawt!