Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as far as the sight.....its just an A2 style I use, you can find them for like 40-60 bucks...I prefer Irons to optics while I get the rifle zeroed and become familiar with it. You just cant screw up irons....you cant.

as far as the trigger goes...I have heard that for 60 bucks its a damn near perfect trigger (not perfect but darn close) I was speaking to another member here who has one and he says that he has a hard time telling the combat trigger from his competition trigger. I dont see how that would ever be a bad thing.

and I promise as soon as I have it installed and some time on the range I will let everyone know what I think about it. Good or bad.

erik

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a single stage JP trigger ($115) and it is just outstanding in every way. 3.5 lb. pull. Virtually no overtravel or takeup. There's a bit of fitting involved, but it's the only way to fly! :)

I've heard good about the Gold trigger, but when the JP is less than have the price, there's not much of a point to look any farther. Come out to the rifle match at USSA in a couple of weeks and you can try it for yourself.

The Spike's trigger looks like a slicked up milspec trigger with lighter springs. I bet they are making a killing....

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the makeover......still waitin on the trigger.....I think I am just going to go ahead and do a whole lower at the same time....Hey I can get a stripped Spikes from Cold Hand Arms for 100 bucks and add my own leftovers....

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s151_bloodyhonda_AR_6a.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s151_bloodyhonda_AR_3a.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s151_bloodyhonda_AR_1.jpg

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a work in process.
I finally got enough parts in to where it kind of looks like an AR. Another order and it should be operational and one after that it will have iron sites or a scope on it. And one after that and I start replacing parts already on it.....the sickness never stops!
ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd191_sixshiners_toys_IMG_3484_v2.jpg

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bushmaster Superlight. Hope you can forgive the crappy picture. To-do: replace A2 upper with A3, add optics and rail mounted light, perhaps a vertical grip, not sure. As is, it's stock. Love this rifle.

alh5.ggpht.com__UX3H2KNcqBU_TNt_Smd3WcI_AAAAAAAAAFo_e_ohr7GKjKc_s800_IMG_20101110_232845.jpg

alh3.ggpht.com__UX3H2KNcqBU_TNuAerr9epI_AAAAAAAAAF8_mQuCROucN1I_s800_IMG_20101106_013502.jpg

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hah, thanks. I like it, but the A2 upper just doesn't leave much room for improvement, at least not of the sight variety.

I do love the weight. After getting used to mine, picking up a typical 16" barreled AR feels like lifting a brick. There's a real difference.