Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmods

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only got to shoot it a couple of times so far. Nothing over 50 yards. Shoots OK. Heavier than the M4 carbines I've played with. I'm going on a shooting trip in Texas this weekend, so hopefully I'll get a chance for some longer distances, or at least set the sights.

Not sure what my next upgrade will be. Probably a nicer stock.

I considered that exact upper when I built mine. But I ran across a deal on a 18" rifle gas CMMG SPR contour complete upper that I couldn't pass on. Saved me about $100.

How does it shoot?

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Only got to shoot it a couple of times so far. Nothing over 50 yards. Shoots OK. Heavier than the M4 carbines I've played with. I'm going on a shooting trip in Texas this weekend, so hopefully I'll get a chance for some longer distances, or at least set the sights.

Is yours a Govmt profile or the HBAR?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What forearm and what length is that? I like it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I was pretty sure it was the government profile, but now you have me questioning myself. I'll check it out when I get home.

The government was the one I was drooling over. Mine is the SPR profile (actually a variation of it), .840 under the barrel. Lighter than my previous 16" mid HBAR that was almost 1" under the handguard.

CMMG used the same barrel profile for both rifle gas and mid gas, so the "under handguard" section goes to mid length, then steps down to .750 for the remainder of the barrel.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 12" YHM Tj front but I really wanted the 15". You need a nicer stock to make it come together. Other than that it looks great. And it's only illegal to tie someone to a post if they turn you in.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Time to join the club. Never liked the color fill I did. I'll probably eventually take it to Harsh Firearms and get it all Cerakoted anyways.

I'll post better pictures another day with a better camera than my iPhone. Especially if I get it Cerakoted.

Shark Muzzle Brake, AR Stoner M4 barrel, Magpul Fixed Rifle Stock, MOE Grip, BAD Lever, Bravo Company BCG, MBUS sights, UTG rail covers, 12" free float handguard(handguard bought on Amazon).

[Broken External Image]