Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No price as of yet on the new round action from Surgeon. They will take a proprietary rail and recoil lug made by Surgeon though which is the reason for the extra holes on top. They also have a new little "M4 style" feedramp cut which is pretty cool.

I also noticed romanleaders bolt knob is the same.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... They will take a proprietary rail and recoil lug made by Surgeon though which is the reason for the extra holes on top. ...

That's kind of disappointing - I wonder if the money saved by getting the Surgeon without the rail is spent on the proprietary rail/recoil lug?

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It should still be a little cheaper. One of the other reasons is this will have a Rem 700 footprint so you won't need a stock that has the Surgeon inlet. If it were me I'd just save up another month or two or how much longer you needed and get the Tactical action but the round action would still be far better then any other actions available.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
But if you're spending ~$1500 on just the action, plus barrel, scope, etc how much difference would it be to buy the full railed/ lugged action and a stock to match? I priced one out the other day, and with the full action and the scope I'd like to put on it, it would be about $5G anyways, what's another ~$2-300??

I guess if you already had the stock barrel and such, and just wanted to replace a factory Remington action with a Surgeon it would be easier.

Either way... sweet guns. And I haven't even fondled one yet...

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I know. I was hinting that you can get a Surgeon Tactical action for a few bills under $1500. I just placed your order too. You know where to send payment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom