Life is waaaaaay too short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have fun here. Learned some things about some firearms I didn't know...that was cool. Learned somethings about life that I didn't know...that was cool. Folks share their life experiences here, for funnies, for support, to vent and to just have someone listen...that's cool. I've asked questions and received answers and shared experiences and received understanding...all of this was cool. I've also listened to some knarly folks get bent out of shape over things important to them, but I've also listened to folks plead their passion for many various issues...ya know, this was all cool too. People are just people. Nothing here has ever offended me. And it would make me really sad if I knew I ever offended anyone here. I'm not sure what the rule changes will be but everything will be OK I bet. But it would be a shame if the new rules ruined the creative opportunities of communication this forum allows folks. Thanks for listening.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, Im cool with everybody, always have been. From the first day I came here after being invited by another Okie dude at XD Talk. If you dont have thick skin though then you might not have need to be in a place trying to socialize with a bunch of people who not only carry guns but they own a bunch of them and are super passionate about them. Only makes sense to me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, Im cool with everybody, always have been. From the first day I came here after being invited by another Okie dude at XD Talk. If you dont have thick skin though then you might not have need to be in a place trying to socialize with a bunch of people who not only carry guns but they own a bunch of them and are super passionate about them. Only makes sense to me.

Sometimes I think passion for a subject gets confused with assholism. Not that the two are mutually exclusive of course. :)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dig OSA; it's a fun place to visit, shoot the breeze, and most of all, to talk about firearms and holsters and scopes and red dots and accessories and 1911s and Glocks and...stuff. I have made a lot of fine buys, sales, trades, and some friends here too. I've met a few great peeps who I know I can go to for something, be it advice, a part, some specific ammo, a loaner, whatever, and I can get it. I've met people here who have given me stuff just cause it seemed like the thing to do; for example, a year or two ago, I worked an old PPK/S over with new springs and some new internals; I couldn't find any .380 ball ammo to test it out, so I posted a WTB ad and a member here just GAVE me about 75 rounds for free, just cause he knew I needed to test the gun before I let it go back in my Daughter's hands. I received "get wells" while I was in the hospital from lots of folks and several offered to bring me stuff; like goodies and magazines (the kind you read) etc. I've been able to help a few folks out too, like giving away parts and ammo in order to get a kid on the firing line. I've also had a few brushes with Jerks and Bad Apples; but they generally move on, so that's cool too. I do think some definitive guidelines, not just rules for the classifieds, but "rules of engagement" are in order. I'll support whatever...and if it pisses me off, I'll just move on. But I don't think that will be the case. I bet it just makes the site better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom