Lighters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got some fire-starters and waterproof matches (and I've gone through flints and magnesium, fire-steel, etc.), but I've wanted to add a nice wind-proof lighter to my collection of hiking stuff for a while. Making a camp-fire is pretty critical in the wilderness (the worst hiking trips I've ever taken were in national parks where no fires were allowed except in dedicated spots - and there were no dedicated spots for about 12 miles in one particular instance).

I ended up just getting a couple of bright orange zippos back when I was first looking at getting a lighter, but I've always wanted a Delta Shock-proof / Wind-proof lighter.

Anyone have one and can you tell me if its worth the $40? Is there a better option for the money (looking for rugged/reliable/wind-proof)?

Here's the one I'm looking at:

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/deltashockproof-stormprooflighter-blazeorange.aspx

www.cutleryshoppe.com_images_products_display_US3900008.jpg

J

Johnwayne

I've got a yellow one in another brand. It has served me well for 5 or 6 years. I have refilled it many times. I even messed the little wire up in the top of it, it still works fine. They last a suprisingly long time for the amount of fuel you will put in them. I think mine was close to 50 bucks.

RevThompson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the Xikar stratosphere. It's high altitude and wind proof, one of the best lighters I have ever owned. I got rid of the $100 lighters for this little $30 job. I got mine from Tobacco Exchange they have two shops in the OKC area, 63rd and may, and Memorial and Eastern. stratosphere.jpg

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the Xikar stratosphere. It's high altitude and wind proof, one of the best lighters I have ever owned. I got rid of the $100 lighters for this little $30 job. I got mine from Tobacco Exchange they have two shops in the OKC area, 63rd and may, and Memorial and Eastern. View attachment 18399

Andy, I work at these stores on my off days where this gentleman got his Xicar. I have three of them one in each color. I would suggest them. LIFETIME NO QUESTIONS ASKED WARRANTY!

Just sayin. Hit me up and I can hook you up.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never really had good luck with "wind proof" lighters...I've used a Zippo Z-Plus insert in one of my Zippos for the last couple of yrs....it was considered wind resistant....it didn't light very good in a brisk wind. It finally crapped out on me a couple of weekends ago...so now I'm looking for a new lighter as well.

So does any of the Cigar shops around here (OKC) carry that Xikar Stratosphere?

Latest posts

Top Bottom