Lights and Lasers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The massive forward bulk(not so much weight) seems as if it would be awkward. I also was always trained to keep my light far out to the side. This would keep the bad guys shooting at your light from shooting at you.

I have never been in a situation that called for this tactic so I can't swear to it, but it makes sense in theory.

I'm not a big fan of "mounted" lasers/lights, but they do have a place. regarding weight, the M6 is probably about as light as you'll find (it doesn't add much subjectively, for me). The Streamlight TLRs have a proven track record, as do Surefires, tho' older Glocks had issues with either the weight and/or the clamping system on the SF.

For CTC, bulk & weight really are not issues.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An interesting point. I guess I really just need to go out and get a laser and try it out. I think no matter what I want to go with the Crimson Trace. How accurate are the Crimsons after you dial them in? Do they hold their POA/POI with repeated recoil?
My concerns about a light extend to lasers as well. The massive forward bulk(not so much weight) seems as if it would be awkward. I also was always trained to keep my light far out to the side. This would keep the bad guys shooting at your light from shooting at you.

I have never been in a situation that called for this tactic so I can't swear to it, but it makes sense in theory.

This is one of my wife's targets that she shot with her Crimson Trace. It was 5 rounds of .45 at 10 yards. The coin is a dime. I have had to adjust them once since I put the on and that was about 2500 rounds ago.
[Broken External Image]

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Kimber came with Crimson Laser Grips. I think they are great for awkward positions etc., but I turn them off at the range. I don't want to become dependant on them. I did install night sights on it though. I also agree about the training with them. You certainly can see how much your hand shakes and moves when pulling the trigger.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have CT's on my p3at, pf9, m&p40, model 19 S&W 357 wheelie. I have a green rail mount laser on my PMR30 and my Saiga AK 308.

I like lights.....

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wouldnt be interested in carry'n either one, the tac light MAYBE??? if i was going out late at night to eat or something, iv got laser on a couple of my pistols but dont care them...you would need to have a holster to fit for a tac light but other than that i wouldnt see a problem...

Latest posts

Top Bottom