Little boy asked about my OC handgun in Home Depot today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today, a 3 or 4 year old little boy noticed my OC'd Springfield and loudly announced to his dad, "Dad! Dad! That man has a gun! Why does he have a gun?" His dad looked at me and back to the kid and was clearly at a loss for an answer, but not nervous or anything.

Without getting any closer, I squatted down to the child's level with my forearms resting on my knees and said "Young man, if there ever is a bad man with a gun, the best way to stop him is a good man with a gun." He said, "Is that why police carry a gun?" "Yes, it's exactly the same reason." The kid went off with his dad, very happy with that answer. Dad nodded his head toward me like men often do, and off they went.

I've been grinning ever since.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 - also - good for you and your progress in quitting smoking. I've been off for 5 yrs and my better half 4 yrs. In today's economy $$$ is a very good reason to quit, not to mention all the physical reasons, too. The first 30 days are the hardest. To help myself I cut a straw to a cig length and when the urge hit, I pulled it out and used it like a binkie-pacifier. Just think, every 3-4 mo you can buy a new gun, ammo and hand loading caliber change kit... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom