Little River

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone ever fished the Little River on the west side of Lake Thunderbird? It looks like it'd be pretty good for channels at least, but I couldn't really tell how deep it was.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have fished it once before and have used it to access hunting areas. I use my canoe or a flat bottom jon boat. I was suprised at how deep it actually is. The side are very steep. There are alot of trot lines run at the entrance so keep an eye out for them. I have gone up to where the river looks like a 3. I never did catch any fish.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Be careful for all the limb lines in that area. It gets hit pretty hard. It's a deep river, but you gotta go slow, lots of semi-submerged objects in the water. There is a small cove near the mouth of the river, it is part of North sentinal boat ramp/camp area; decent fishing there in the spring.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of accessing it through one of the public hunting areas, rather than going in by boat. I guess I'll just have to run a trot line this spring and see what bites. The area I'd be accessing is well upriver from the lake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom