LMF River

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you that have fished here before the flood and haven't been back down, it is different. Specifically spillway creek. The bridges that went over the water haven't been replaced. One of the concrete bases that one of the bridge set on is about 75 yards down stream now out in the middle of the water. That thing looks to be 6'x6'x8', one big chunk of cement.

There are still a few pool areas on spillway creek but for the most part I thought it was like rapids. Swift water. The two places that had logs going across that created small falls are gone.

The area between the road and bridge is almost the same other than the bridge is gone and that hole is now a massive. The small series of falls that was there isn't anymore. There our still fish there but it was tough with a flyrod with all that current. I caught one on spillway with a wet fly and lost one on sunday. Yesterday I fished with powerbait and caught 11.

I have never fished the evening hole area till yesterday. I have fished the upper red zone before, that is different now too. Lost creek is lost, just a trickle of water in it, no fish. The evening hole area was wiped out but they have redone it, very fly fisher friendly again. I caught 3 there yesterday on the flypole, lost 3 and had several strikes with no hook up. Saw a couple of albino trout swimming around too. LMF is still a nice area to trout fish, it is just different now. Other than spill way and evening hole areas, I don't know what downstream looks like. No pictures of fish, 12-13" trout for the most part is what was caught the last couple of days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thats a shame. I fished there this spring. We left the day the rains started, and it was flooded two days later. I have some good memories of that place, sorry to hear how it came out of the floods. I was afraid that was going to happen.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just read last night where Lost creek will be redone and finished by the end of November. It is going to be longer so I guess that must mean it is going to zig zag thru the woods more. That will be great, more fly fishing territory.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read last night where Lost creek will be redone and finished by the end of November. It is going to be longer so I guess that must mean it is going to zig zag thru the woods more. That will be great, more fly fishing territory.

Thats good news. Maybe by next fall it will look a lot better.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_09_28_09_1406_1.jpg

Heres a pic I had on my phone. This is the hole just south of the road where the road washed out. I believe it is called Cold hole, not sure. There use to be a bank on the left where people sat to fish and the hole narrowed down significantly to a small fall with a long run afterwards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom