Long live Petraeus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish it had really happened.

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he met U.S. General Petraeus.

They shook hands.

As they walked the Iranian said, "You know, I have just one question about what I have seen in America."

The General said, "Well, anything I can do to help you, I will."

The Iranian whispered, "My son watches this TV show called Star Trek and in it there is Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is black and Sulu who is Oriental, but no Muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians or Pakistanis on Star Trek."

The General laughed, leaned toward the Iranian Ambassador, and whispered back,

"That's because... it takes place in the future".

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like Sheldon Cooper saying this...

It's interesting to note that King Abdullah II of Jordan is an acknowledged fan of the science fiction saga Star Trek. In 1996, while he was still a Prince, he appeared in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Investigations". It was a non-speaking role as he was not a member of the Screen Actors Guild. A Star Trek theme park will open in 2014 as part of the $1.5-billion Red Sea Astrarium project in Aqaba, with the King being the majority local investor.

I knew of this but that is copied from Wikipedia.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have voted for Swartzkoph or Rumsfeld over any of the options suggested in the past for President. We might not be in as much trouble as we are now. I like people who take care of real business with no BS before or afterward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom