Looking at Optics, would like your input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been doing some looking. Is the leupold MR/T 2.5-8x36 a FFP?

I don't think Leupold makes an FFP optic other than the 6.5-20x50 LRT M1 (there might be an 8.5-25 FFP as well).

I'm not a big fan of using low-power optics at 600yds unless you've got a good spotting scope (and a good spotter :thumb:). Understanding also that you don't want a beast of a scope weighing down that AR (what caliber is it btw?), I'd go the NightForce route if it were me.

The NP-R1 reticle is pretty awesome and I've looked more and more into going the MOA/MOA route - I don't feel like the extra hash-marks are unusable for long-range over the NP-R2, so you might consider that.

What's the primary purpose of this rifle? I don't know why you would need to range quickly unless you're planning on hunting with it - and if that's the case, then a bigger scope might come in handy with more magnification and yet not so much loss in FOV.

Check out Vortex Optics - they're a cheaper brand-name, but LowLight over at Sniper's Hide did a review on the Razor HD model and its pretty impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pc-aov6G7g

Either way - you need to post up some details on that rig man - its sharp looking.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the links to that new leupold, I think my other AR in 6.8SPC would be a perfect for one.

- I was leaning forward the Nightforce. It has the 10x and the NP-R2 with the zerostop and may try out the .10 mil dials. I just wish it was FFP, I like being able to use the mils dots/hash marks as quick holdovers for elevation and wind. Oh this will see some hunting and target. Me and friends like doing unknown distance at the range, so I still want it to have the tactical use as well. My main thing is is for it not to be bulky and good glass and user friendly in the field

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it too, but not $3000.00 like it like it. We will see when people get there hands on them what they are costing, but they do look and the specs sound cool. I'm going to go to a gun show and hopefullly I can handle some that I'm looking at i.e. The MR/T and Nightforce. Wish they were FFP, but I guess if i can just keep it set all the time to the max mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom